Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

wow! little girls are SO different!

Posted by   + Show Post
Or atleast the 4 I've been watching are! My boys are no angles, but Sheesh! These girls won't listen AT ALL! And I've got them for 2 whole days! Help!
I need ideas on what to do with them!. They have lots of toys in the boys room, but they just wanna bug me l
They are 6, 5, 3 and 2. And my boys are 6, 4 and 1 we can't get too loud since df sleeps till atleast 2pm for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-17):
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

How about dress up, Princess movies, get those oversized coloring books, my dd loves those.   Make them your "helpers."  Have them help you prep lunch...My dd loves that.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Oh, that's hard when you're trying to keep that many little ones quiet! I used to do day care and DH was working 2nd shift at the time.

I wish you luck! It might not be b/c they're girls, but just because they haven't learned your 'house rules' yet. I'm babysitting one little girl today and I had her a few other days during the break and I still have to tell her constantly to sit (not stand) on the furniture and that she's not allowed to play in my office.

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Arg! I guess maybe I'm expecting too much. My boys play independently allday, yeah not happening with thesekids! The 5yo is now in time outfor hitting and biting. And I guess were watching cartoons all day, since they can't bring small toys/crayons out to the main room because of the baby. And they obviously need 24/7 an adult looking at them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Bake cookies, have a fashion show with your old clothes, We also do lots of arts and crafts.  Take them to the park.  Stuff like that.  It depends on the kids. My 7 year old is crazy if we dont watch the dyes in the food, and we have to continuely keep busy.  My 5 year old is more relaxed and calm she loves to sit and read or watch movies, though going to the park is fun too.  My son and only boy is 3 and he is a constant going child also so outside time is a must. My 2 yea old is very laid back and loves to play quietly by herself. 

Time outs are a good way to disipline the girls if they dont listen.  They are probably use to getting lots of hands on attention.  My niece is like that and when she moved in we had to help her adjust by making her calm down and listen.  I gave her time to work with me one on one and then helped her play in the group, with my kids by playing with them and leaving after they started a game.  Hope this helps.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

sorry I don't know.  My girl is very well behaved.  here's a bump.

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Lol. Dd is good with her barbies, movies and purses. She has her days but in no way acts like that. Reminds me of my niece :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I think it's just those girls. so far there really isn't much of a difference with my two kids (a boy and girl) except my dd loves shopping and clothes/shoes. lol

no help on the ther part though. Hope the next two days go quickly for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)