Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Need Advice!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

So Im new here, but i have a question.

My son, is 15 months old. He is super smart, but im scared he will hurt himself!

He wants to pick everything up. when he is thirsty, he will go to the fridge and get the gallon of milk out and carry it to you, as soon as i see him go for the fridge i have to run to get him! I just recently purchased a lock for it so he cant open it as easy, Last night, after grocery shopping i sat everything in the floor to put away, he grabbed a 10 pound bag of potatoes and carried them across the room before i could grab it. CARRIED not dragged  And he has gotten to where if there is anything in the floor he attempts to pick it up, even his toy box, is this normal? should i be worried or just be proud my son is stronger than his 3 yro sister lol? She never did anything like this so i have no clue!

Thanks in Advance!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Sounds like your average boy.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
It sounds like he's just got the drive to do things by himself. It's just part of his personality! You'll definitely need to keep an extra eye on that one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

sounds like normal curiosity.  that age group is all about watching them like a hawk so he'll keep you busy, for sure!

furbabymum
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Can't say mine did that. Course thanks to watching his ol' parents he makes grunting noises when he lifts things.... lol

sthflachk
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
They make fridge locks...I still use one and my dd is 3!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Pretty normal for a little boy. At 11 months my son was pushing cribs around the daycare room. 

FarmGirl2B
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Normal boy behavior. Channel his energy into helping you put the stuff away and sing his praises. It will take longer to complete the task, but it's well worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Welcome to the group :)

He sounds strong lol!

jlanh77
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM

yeah we bought a lock for it, and he pushes toys and chairs over to it and climbs. or he will just stand there and jerk on the door until he gets it. dd starts prek this year so im expecting things to change lol he mainly does it when i am really busy with dd

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I don't think it's anything to worry about. But he does sound like he's got some muscles! lol Just keep an eye on him and I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN