Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

No more bottle, no more pacifier!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

I took them both away. He totally forgot about the bottle. He's been good about the pacifier during the day, but has had 3 nights of crying.  He is not napping anymore because he doesn't have the pacifier.  (Yes, this really sucks.)

How long did it take your LOs to forget about the pacifier after you took it away? 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My son's naps suffered for a month after we took his binkie at 3 years old.  His night sleep was fine after the first night.  I just stayed consistent with our napping routine and eventually he got back on track.  He's 6 now and still naps most days!!!!

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

We are still fighting giving up the paci. We are down to one in the house!

A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM
AJ cried for about 4 or 5 days when we took his pacifier away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Took paci away at 14 months (or so) for both of my boys.  Started with naptime first.  They adjusted after a few days.  Once they had adjusted to naptime, I took away for bedtime.  Once again, only took a few days to adjust.

I should add that we had taken the paci away for regular daytime use by the time they were 10 or 11 months.  It was naptime and bedtime only from then until we took it away completely.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM

My daughter never took one and my son rarely used one and gave it up completely at 8 months.  I'm not introducing one to my baby due next month. 

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

He fell asleep tonight with no crying!  Woo hoo!  

babygomez
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Today was day (and night) #1 for my almost 13 month old son. He napped fine without it, and fell asleep for bed tonight fine without it, but woke up crying about an hour later, and it took about 15 minutes of soothing him until he fell back to sleep. He wasn't attached to them to begin with, but he did use them for naps/bed.

My daughter (now 4) didn't even notice when we threw hers out. She was the same age as my son.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

luckily neither of my kids were ever interested in them so I didn't have to worry about taking them. lol good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)