Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I am having the hardest time getting toys organized from Christmas. Our boys "share" a room. It is very small at only 10X10. Our youngest sleeps in our room most of the time because our 3 year old has night terrors occasionally and wakes up his little brother.

That being said, it is toy overload in our house. I have those colorful storage bins and the rack from walmart, and that works okay, But I want something not so chaotic. As our 3 year old is getting older, we have some bigger toys (Car ramp thing, barns, etc) and while I dont mind toys in my living room, I would like to keep as many things as possible in his room.

What are things y'all do to keep toys stored in a neat manner?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
We use bins, and over the door storage. Also store things under the bed.
My boys room isn't much bigger! It's 14x9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

We have a step2 toy box with shelf on top love it. We also have a book shelf that has some books and toys on it as well. And a cabinet with toys in it. But we do have a play room which is where all this is at. In thier rooms they have those huge buckets for thier stuffed animals and smaller buckets for the few toys they keep in thier rooms to,keep them up and organized.

megandwade
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have a 20$ bookshelf from walmart in my sons room. It works great. The little people toys fit on it perfectly! Then we also have the bins filled with the smaller toys, and a large plastic storage tote for the medium sized toys. I'm thinking of taking his clothes out of his closet (moving them to a dresser) and using the closet for toy space as well!

PEEK05
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Toy boxes.  The bigger toys are just set up nicely on top of surfaces or on the ground in specific places.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Itso cubes from target. I have 2 rows of 4. The top is where the car carrier semi trucks and large things sit when not in use. Will post a pic later this evening.

sstripedmonkey
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I use an old playpen for a toy box
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

What bins/rack do you have?

My first suggsetion is to go through thier toys and get rid of things they haven't played with in a while.  Donate them or Freecylce them.  The biggest part is getting rid of the clutter :).  That should take a lot of it off your hands.

Small peices, puzzles, etc can go into the bins.  Anything that's a "set".  Here's a toy shelf I'd suggest:
 http://www.amazon.com/Sort-It-and-Store/dp/B002CFBZIW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1357239241&sr=8-5&keywords=kidkraft+storage

I would also get a shelf from Ikea (those cheap ones) and get soem good bins to go with it for the bigger stuff: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20135300/

Good luck :)

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Itso bins for puzzles, cars etc. can get dividers and baskets to optimize storage.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Storage bins drawers for Thomas trains, hot wheels and bigger cars like monster trucks etc

JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

i use the short book cases from walmart they arent very expensive and fit a good amount of toys 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN