Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I am having the hardest time getting toys organized from Christmas. Our boys "share" a room. It is very small at only 10X10. Our youngest sleeps in our room most of the time because our 3 year old has night terrors occasionally and wakes up his little brother.

That being said, it is toy overload in our house. I have those colorful storage bins and the rack from walmart, and that works okay, But I want something not so chaotic. As our 3 year old is getting older, we have some bigger toys (Car ramp thing, barns, etc) and while I dont mind toys in my living room, I would like to keep as many things as possible in his room.

What are things y'all do to keep toys stored in a neat manner?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (21-26):
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Toy box with window seat. We have it in bedroom, but you could put in any room for extra seating DH built for DS while I was pregnant. Got the foam and fabric at Joann's. I think we had $80 in materials, butt could've been cheaper if I hadn't lost coupon for foam

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I just gave up my small dining room for a place to put most toys. It's adjacent to our living room so we can all interact together. The Thomas train sets fold and store

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM
We have about 9 rubbermaid tubs. Its not perfect but it works. But the kids mostly have toys in their playroom. Not in their bedrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneyrose
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I bought a storage shelve that came with baskets at Costco for $129, it is much better then the one I bought at Target, plus I had to buy the baskets seperate, ended up costing almost the same.  The Costco one has bigger baskets and is nicer looking, I ended up buying 2 I loved it so much.

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM

We use rubber made boxes, racks, hooks, underbed rolling storage things.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM
do u have a closet u can turn in to the kids toy closet ?? or maybe tale some toys away store for wile than rotate later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN