Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Naps no more?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 29 Replies

My just-turned-three year old has been taking shorter and shorter naps. He used to take 3 hour naps a couple months ago, but they slowly turned into 2 hour naps, which is fine. But the last week it has been getting down to an hour and a half or even just an hour. If he doesn't have a nap at all, he gets so cranky, whiny, and his behavior is unbearable! My main concern is that we are going to have a new baby in the end of the month, and I'm wondering what to do. I know I'm going to be exhausted, and if he would still nap and I could get him and the baby on the same schedule ASAP. I know I could implement a quiet time, but I dont want to completely give up on naps. Do your toddlers still take naps? If not, when did they stop?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Six months.

She giggled at me. She knew what I was talking about
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xredstarsx
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM
My dd stopped completely at 18 months so I am not much help. I am about to have a baby too and it would be so nice if she would nap or do quiet time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

my 4 year old gave up his naps at around 2. we would lay him down and he would lay there, but never go to sleep. once in while he will fall asleep while playing but that's usually becasuse he stays up too late the night before.

momdays
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I'm confused by your answer LOL, sorry.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Six months.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Lol

She stopped at six months and when I would lay het down shed juat giggle at me.

Quoting momdays:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Six months.

momdays
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Oh my goodness, she never napped after 6 months old?! Nap time is when I get dinner prepped, and other things done that are impossible, or difficult with him awake!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Lol

Quoting momdays:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Six months.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My son went thru a napping strike around 3 1/2.  I just kept on him.  He's 6 now and still naps most days for over an hour :)

My 3 1/2 year old still naps for 3+ hours.  We joke that sleeping is her super power!  She can go without a nap though and does sometimes if we are busy.

momdays
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I'm thinking if I just stay consistent with him and still make him lay down, he will get back into it. Today he layed in bed for 2 hours awake. I think thats because it was so bright out and made his room bright.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

My son went thru a napping strike around 3 1/2.  I just kept on him.  He's 6 now and still naps most days for over an hour :)

My 3 1/2 year old still naps for 3+ hours.  We joke that sleeping is her super power!  She can go without a nap though and does sometimes if we are busy.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Nope.

She said
"Not happening"

Little shit.

I always just put her in the playpen or swing etc if I needed a shower or make dinner.

Ig I needed a short cat nap she got put in the pack n play.

I knew enough people that I got two play pens.

Quoting momdays:

Oh my goodness, she never napped after 6 months old?! Nap time is when I get dinner prepped, and other things done that are impossible, or difficult with him awake!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Lol

Quoting momdays:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Six months.

calvinsmommy18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Idk. Ds gave up naps around 2 1/2. If he takes a nap now he's up really late. Plus he's a huge crab after waking up from a nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)