Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Should I invite all the girls for her bday party?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 30 Replies

DD is turning 5 & we always have a big party for the 5th bday.  We already invited 6 girls from her preschool class, but today she asked about 2 other girls from the class...so now I'm considering inviting the other 4 girls from her class.  If everyone were to show up, it'd be 14 girls total (not including any siblings/parents).  In my house.  I'm worried that's too many...but I know probably all won't show up.  We do have the space...but I'm wondering if that's just too many for 3,4, & 5 yr olds...and should I have her open the presents in front of everyone? 

Thoughts?  Ideas?  I'm planning a very girly/princessish party. 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

No boys?

I've always let my kids decide how many to invite because I Knew that not all of them would show. And yes, let her open her gifts while they are still there. I've never understood NOT doing it.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Opening gifts is part of the party. As a visitor, I would be offended if I brought a gift and it wasn't opened at the party in front of all the friends? Why would you consider not doing it?

if you don't want other kids playing with them, you should consider limiting your guests to only family and very close friends to avoid any harsh feelings.

clowery
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I would envit all the girls, because I believe if one gets invited they all should. And w it being such a young age they will b like why didnt I get to go when everyone else did to me that would be signaling out the other kids but that's my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clowery
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM
O and yes let her open the presents while they are at the party
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM

All the parties my boys have been to where there were tons of kids, they didn't open the presents.  It was weird at first, and then the norm.  We've moved now, and haven't been to any parties with more than a few kids..I don't know how they do it around here...everything seems to be different lol.

Quoting iansmommy9:

Opening gifts is part of the party. As a visitor, I would be offended if I brought a gift and it wasn't opened at the party in front of all the friends? Why would you consider not doing it?

if you don't want other kids playing with them, you should consider limiting your guests to only family and very close friends to avoid any harsh feelings.

mom2the.rescue
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

No, she has 2 older brothers.  She's kind of sick of them & their friends...and while she likes to climb trees & play in the mud, she's very girly...plus there's only 3 boys in her class (one of them is a twin to one of the girls she may invite-is it horrible that we won't be inviting him?)...I plan on not having her brothers here so it can be all about her.  Everything will be very girly; no boys unless they're brought along as siblings.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

No boys?

I've always let my kids decide how many to invite because I Knew that not all of them would show. And yes, let her open her gifts while they are still there. I've never understood NOT doing it.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I would, definitely.  The reason being is that you don't want anyone to be left out.  If you are going to invite most of them, you might as well invite all of them......talk the other 2 feeling down if you don't.....and they WILL find out.

Invite them all.  On average, only 70% of the invitees will show up anyway.  I think you will be fine ;).

corrinacs
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We never had the time for presents.  Granted, Caden only had one birthday party and they only gave us 30 minutes for pizza and cake :/.   I did send thank you notes afterwards though.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

No boys?

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM

*I* would feel horrible inviting one twin and not the other, if both of the kids are in her class.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

No, she has 2 older brothers.  She's kind of sick of them & their friends...and while she likes to climb trees & play in the mud, she's very girly...plus there's only 3 boys in her class (one of them is a twin to one of the girls she may invite-is it horrible that we won't be inviting him?)...I plan on not having her brothers here so it can be all about her.  Everything will be very girly; no boys unless they're brought along as siblings.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

No boys?

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh, you must have had it at one of those time constraint places. I can understand that since they don't give you much time. We have ours at home with a bounce house, bbq and tons of food, so we don't have a time limit.

Quoting corrinacs:

We never had the time for presents.  Granted, Caden only had one birthday party and they only gave us 30 minutes for pizza and cake :/.   I did send thank you notes afterwards though.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

No boys?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN