Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddler Belts!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

So, I have a question for you ladies. My dd is 3. She is tall and thin. She is too tall for a 2T in pants. They come up really high and it looks like she is wearing Capri pants. In warmer weather that wouldn't be a big deal. Since it is cold out, I want her legs to be totally covered. When I put her in a 3T in pants, the length is always good. However, they are saggy around the waist. She is constantly tugging at her pants, and I try to help her keep them up.This is especially true when I want her to wear jeans or khakis. There are those stretchy cloth pants, and those work okay but they not very warm. I looked in Target for a belt, but I didn't see one that was small enough. I want something easy that she can undo herself so she can use the potty on her own. Any suggestions as to where to look? Thanks. 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

walmart has toddler belts with their little girl hair stuff

RichardsMom0209
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM

My son is 4 and I got a belt for him at walmart.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

have you tried the pants with the adjustable waist? they cost a lil more but are sold at target ;)

i bought a belt for my then 2 and 4 yos at khols... but they cost $32 eac!!!

Aleta775
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Okay. I'll try Wal-Mart. Are they easy to open? I saw some online that were Velcro. 

Aleta775
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Huh, I'll have to look into the adjustable pants. I was focused on belts so I didn't consider looking at pants. Good to know. Thank you. 

Quoting mommaFruFru:

have you tried the pants with the adjustable waist? they cost a lil more but are sold at target ;)

-42-
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM
The Children's Place sells them too, also Walmart I think.

I buy the ones at The Children's Place and I really like them.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM

We don't have belts, bump

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My kids are very thin and I use adjustable waste pants.  Old Navy and Gap are the best places for thinner kids clothing.  Belts would be tough to take on and off when using the bathroom, so I don't use them.

LoveMommyhood12
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

My sister and best friend both have that issue with their kids.  The adjustable waist pants are what they use.  My LO kind of had the opposite problem :)  He doesn't fit in 12month pants - so I have to be 18mo-2t.  They can be a bit big at the waist, so I LOVE the adjustable ones.  You can cinch them in on both sides, then let them out a little at a time. 

mommymac617
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My Daughter is a3t and I went to Target to buy her a belt and it was too small i got a small maybe medium
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)