Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
My friend is pregnant and she is using gdiaper system. I wanted to buy them a big box of diapers to go with my present for the baby shower but I'm looking at these things and they are expensive there are insert liners and flash able inserts .. Which should I buy? Any thoughts or feedback please !!?? Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Replies (11-14):
Davidsmom623
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Thanks that's some good info .. She registered for the liners and the flushables so I think she is planing on using both.. I think I'll buy a package of flushables so she can take them when out and about like you said. ;)

Quoting collinsmommy0:

I would get her one of the three - liners, Gdiaper covers, or a pack of the disposable inserts

You can never have enough of the liners or covers. I have 6 covers & 10 liners & that's not really enough to do full time.

Otherwise, I would get her the disposable inserts - they can be used while she is out & about, which is what some people use with the Gdiapers in public (that's what we do on longer day trips or while traveling)

You can just call & ask her too (or text her)

I switched to pocket diapers around 6 months & wish I did it sooner!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If it's on her registry, I'd just go with that. I haven't heard many people liking the system and using it long term, though, so I wouldn't sink too much money into it.

Quoting Davidsmom623:

Thanks that's some good info .. She registered for the liners and the flushables so I think she is planing on using both.. I think I'll buy a package of flushables so she can take them when out and about like you said. ;)

Quoting collinsmommy0:

I would get her one of the three - liners, Gdiaper covers, or a pack of the disposable inserts

You can never have enough of the liners or covers. I have 6 covers & 10 liners & that's not really enough to do full time.

Otherwise, I would get her the disposable inserts - they can be used while she is out & about, which is what some people use with the Gdiapers in public (that's what we do on longer day trips or while traveling)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Davidsmom623
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM
I'm gonna skip it .. I just like to bring diapers or wipes to a baby shower along with my gift. But I guess not this time ;) ill do a book instead.

Quoting TTC2Long:

If it's on her registry, I'd just go with that. I haven't heard many people liking the system and using it long term, though, so I wouldn't sink too much money into it.

Quoting Davidsmom623:

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I use both the flushies and cloth inserts. You can get her a bunch of cloth inserts to go along with it. There are tons of places online that sell them, just google. And you can get a pack for a good deal. I have been using them for 3 1/2 years and they can be pricey, yes, but they are ecofriendly, yes, which I am guessing is why she is doing them. If you don't want to go with the diapers, I think a giftcard is a nice idea, but fairly impersonal if you actually want to bring something. They sell packs of the covers. I actually bought them at Whole Foods the cheapest, believe it or not. Otherwise you can get them through Amazon at a cheaper price than in the stores like Babies R Us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN