Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What are you doing to keep the flu out of your house?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 27 Replies

Did you get the shot for everyone at home? Are you hybernating? I don't know about you guys but I swear I see too many grown adults out in the stores coughing and sneezing up a lung without covering!!!!! I think I will start wearing a HazMaz suit and put my kids in a bubble. LOL ;)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM

No shots. We are just going about our days like normal.

GrimmLotus
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:42 AM

We didn't get the flu shot, I had a lot going on. We all ended up with the Flu this year, took us out of commission for 2 weeks about.

AMR320
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Same here

Quoting PEEK05:

No shots. We are just going about our days like normal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Nothing different than usual.  We don't do flu shots.  We wash our hands as usual, etc.  My kids are extremely healthy (knock on wood) so I don't let this stuff worry me too much.

diegosmom828
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I got the flu shot a couple months ago and just try to stay away from sick people. My parents got the flu pretty bad this year so we stayed away till they got better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sspaschal2427
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
We keep up with our vitamins and wash our hands... we also got the flu shot except DH... I also am constantly bleaching all the counters and tables and door knobs..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:45 AM

My three kids got the mist. I am waiting to get the shot at work. We have a quarentine right now for upper respiratory issues. I am just getting sick now, so I have to wait to get it. We do a lot of hand washing, cover our mouths when coughing, making sure we throw away tissues, etc.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Both me and kiddo are sick with colds :( i've been rubbing vics on her feet and giving her meds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Queensmom221
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

My husband and I received the ful shot, but I am not comfortable giving it to my little one. We continue to wash our hands like crazy, and disinfect.

anxious1stimer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Sorry to hear. :( was it as bad as the news is making it? could you treat it at home for everyone?

Quoting GrimmLotus:

We didn't get the flu shot, I had a lot going on. We all ended up with the Flu this year, took us out of commission for 2 weeks about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)