Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What changed?? She won't nap or sleep :(

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am not sure what is going on. My daughter is a great sleeper she sleeps 12-13 hours a night and takes 2 naps during the day. Well the last two days she has been acting like her crib is the scariest place on earth. She will scream and scream to the point where she can't catch her breath. Nothing in her schedule has changed or anything in her room. I don't know if she is just testing her limits, because if I take her out she'll cry for a minute and catch her breath but then wants to get down. I have done the cry it out with her but she has never cried to that extent before so I don't know if there is another factor involved. She just turned 14 months, is it normal for the age, or does she just need one nap now? Any suggestions or experiences would be great!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I went thru something similar with my son around that age.  Not at bedtime, only nap time.  I finally gave up cuz I couldn't take the crying and let him nap in my bed.  I put a pillow baracade around him and the video monitor in our room so I could grab him as soon as he woke up.  He napped in our bed for over a year but it was worth it.  Once we moved him to his full size bed at 2 1/2 he transitioned to naps there and went back to napping for 2-3 hours a day.  He's 6 now and still naps most days!

I wish I could be of more help in figuring out why she's crying but I never figured out why it started with my son, I just found a solution we could both live with.  Good luck!

WillVon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My dd is 13 months and she's fighting naps too. But she was never a good sleeper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelee89
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

She won't lay down anywhere unless it is in her bed, because she is always on the move but right now I am willing to try anything. Funny thing is though she isn't cranky from not sleeping. She's happy until I lay her down.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I went thru something similar with my son around that age.  Not at bedtime, only nap time.  I finally gave up cuz I couldn't take the crying and let him nap in my bed.  I put a pillow baracade around him and the video monitor in our room so I could grab him as soon as he woke up.  He napped in our bed for over a year but it was worth it.  Once we moved him to his full size bed at 2 1/2 he transitioned to naps there and went back to napping for 2-3 hours a day.  He's 6 now and still naps most days!

I wish I could be of more help in figuring out why she's crying but I never figured out why it started with my son, I just found a solution we could both live with.  Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually had to lay down with him until he fell asleep.  At first he was still nursing so it was fine and quick.  After he stopped nursing at 16 months it took a little longer but I just used that time to cat nap too and then I had a few hours of quiet once I snuck out!!! 

Quoting Kelee89:

She won't lay down anywhere unless it is in her bed, because she is always on the move but right now I am willing to try anything. Funny thing is though she isn't cranky from not sleeping. She's happy until I lay her down.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM

my dd is 12 months and only takes 1 nap :( she fights it most days too.

Gweneveer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Try staying with her until she's asleep. Worked with both of my girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kelee89
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM

She used to hold my hand through the crib then when she felt comfortable she would roll over and fall asleep. Now when she sees me and I sit by her crib she gets all excited thinking she is going to get out and we will play.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Try staying with her until she's asleep. Worked with both of my girls.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)