Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk advice

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

hi my son is 13 months today, on dec 16 i switched him to cows milk and the first week he did fine then he got so constipated and in jan i had gave him a bottle of milk and he threw up all night. i stopped the milk and have been giving him apple juice and prune juice a week later his constipation is gone so do i start him on lactose? My brothers and I are lactose intolerant and so is our mom! while he was on the cows milk i made sure he had a lot of fiber thro out the day and when the constipation started i did try prune juice but it did not work till i stopped the milk. And when he was constipated he was in so much pain, what do i do for him? this is so hard to watch:( hes so unhappy!!!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Just stop giving him milk if his body isn't handling it well.  As long as your sure to feed him other foods high in calcium and vitamin d, there is no need for milk at all.

cookinmommyof1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM
There's always almond, soy and coconut milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

We do soy. My daughter has her daddys digestion system. Dairy makes her constipated and gives her unbearable smelly gas. Give it another shot or do some trial and errors before seeing a doc. It could also be the transition to the milk.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I would switch to almond milk - the vanilla almond milk tastes the best IMO

He may be sensitive or allergic to the proteins in cows milk, if so, then he shouldn't be eating cows milk products.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

he obviously can't handle milk. I don't think milk is something they NEED anyways. I wouldn't start it again. Like other people said you could try almond milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)