Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm potty training my 2 year old son. I need advice on reusable training pants.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, my son is 2 years old. I started potty training him at 1 1/2 and he's doing ok so far, but we still have a long way to go. Does anybody use reusable training pants on their toddler? How long after potty training did you start using reusable training pants or underwear? I want to use it, there are some that are reusable and absorbant, but im concerned about leaks, etc. (He still uses disposable training pants.)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM
DD uses Gerber training panties. Just like regular panties but have extra cloth in the crotch. Same for boys. Got a 4 pack at Walmart for around $8.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
There are also vinyl covers.. bought mine on Amazon. 3 pack and shipping was like $15 maybe?

Quoting Garnet_Iris11:

DD uses Gerber training panties. Just like regular panties but have extra cloth in the crotch. Same for boys. Got a 4 pack at Walmart for around $8.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My DD is 21 months and potty training. She wears the reusable training pants. They are Gerber and I got them at walmart. I don't have any problems with leaks. 

krysjaden
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Thanks for the advice/input. Im ready to buy him reusable training pants, my only concern is big leaks. He's getting the idea of potty training with nodding his head yes and shaking his head no if I ask him if he has to potty, sometimes he pees, but most of the time he holds it for a while which makes me realize he gets it but when I get him off, he pees within 15-30 minutes.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I have not used them but here is a bump.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We had a few pair of the 'rubber pants' (that's what my mom used to call them) to go over the top of undies. (I think they're actually meant to go over cloth diapers).

But honestly, we rarely ever used them. I say just go with the underwear. Yes, it's messy. But it shows the child that this is a PERMANENT change (throw the diapers away--have him help! Or if you use cloth, have him help you box them up to sell or whatever).

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Also, most kids do NOT like the feeling of wet/messy underwear. If you have them wearing something that feels too much like a diaper--he will continue to use it like a diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)