Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this be a cold or the flu?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

my son doesnt get sick often. (even though he was a premie) he is now 12.5 months old. and this is the first time he has been actually sick.

he has a runny nose, coughing. (more of a wet raspy bark), slight fever... ( he will be buring up on places like his back and sometimes other random places) only about 38c (cant get an accuriate reading he sqwirms even with dh helping me and he is sick to. and Im not sure what it is in F)

he eats, not as much as he normally does. and he drinks but not as much or as easily as he normally does.

we give him infant tylenol, and cool baths wipe his nose. and as soon as we find the asperator we will use it. but I dont know what else to do... he is getting up every few hour but will go right back to sleep once I pick him up and cuddle him,... :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers     LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Derari
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think flu because of the fever...colds usually don't come with a fever.?.stay clOse by, he obviously wants you to be right there:) hugs

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

doesnt sound like flu to me. Maybe a really bad infection or the start of croup. Do you hear? keep a cool mist humidifier going and put baby vicks on his chest. Definatly get him seen by a doctor before it turns into something worse. He may be able to be cought early enough.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM

thank you

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

doesnt sound like flu to me. Maybe a really bad infection or the start of croup. Do you hear? keep a cool mist humidifier going and put baby vicks on his chest. Definatly get him seen by a doctor before it turns into something worse. He may be able to be cought early enough.

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM

i was talking on the phone while typing.lol. i started to ask if you were hearing ratteling in his chest but it didnt come out that way in my reply.lol. sorry

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

thank you

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM

when he breathes it has a rattling sound, but he has been breathing like that off and on for a few months....

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

i was talking on the phone while typing.lol. i started to ask if you were hearing ratteling in his chest but it didnt come out that way in my reply.lol. sorry

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

thank you

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

yeah, get him to a doc tomorrow. Not saying its bad but you never know. If he has fever than there is a nasty infection and it will probly get worse. And this cold dry air isnt helpin. Take care and i hope you guys get better

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

when he breathes it has a rattling sound, but he has been breathing like that off and on for a few months....

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

thank you

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

BramblePatch
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
The ER can do a quick test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM

well right now he is sleeping so we will go to the walk in in the am... and if they feel ER is nessisarry we will go to ER.  its hard because he can only whimper or show me body language if he is not feeling well. he has his moments where he is cranky. but he is still smiling.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Doesn't soundlike the flu to me either. Have him tested to be sure but it's probably just a bad cold or something. Good luck!

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I don't think it's the flu. Sounds like a virus. If you're worried, take him to the doc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)