Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Is it normal for 2-year old boys to ...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 28 Replies

scream and whine a lot, then throw a fit which includes throwing their heads backwards onto the ground?

I'm wondering if I should buy my son a helmet.  He spends about 50% of the day crying, whining and writhing on the ground.  I do stuff with him, his 4-year old sister and 8 month old brother all day long.  I am always there to play and love him ... not sure what he's complaining about ...

Other than that, he spends the other 50% of the day happy and playful.

Any thoughts?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, welcome to the terrible two's!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
muzicbox9
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Lol. Have I arrived?  It reminds me of the Eagles' song "Hotel California": You can check out any time you like ... but you can never leave ... ' ;p

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Yup. Boy or girl.
Momma-2boys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Yes it normal my son is 3 and still whines but the head butting has stopped only because of the nose bleeds he gets. I'm starting to tell him if he can't act like a big boy we can't do big boy things with his brother.
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Ahh the terrible 2s. Just wait until they hit the trying 3s. lol I have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old and they are a handful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Yes, this here's a pleasant place...pleasant enough to make you want to bash your head against a wall some days, yet you know you have to remain the sane one :)

Quoting muzicbox9:

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Lol. Have I arrived?  It reminds me of the Eagles' song "Hotel California": You can check out any time you like ... but you can never leave ... ' ;p

Mommamaxwell
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My two year old dd acts like that too and she is a Normal toddler.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Virtually EVERYTHING a two yr old does is considered normal.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM

yes it's normal.  also, you could spend 24/7/365 with him and it still wouldn't be enough from his perspective.  how much one-on-one time is he getting? 

muzicbox9
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

yes it's normal.  also, you could spend 24/7/365 with him and it still wouldn't be enough from his perspective.  how much one-on-one time is he getting? 

Not as much as I'd like. To be honest ... it comes in drips and drabs. 10-15 minutes of concentrated play in the morning ... followed by 2-5 minutes sessions of hugs on the couch throughout the day - all day long. Pushing on the swing for a while outside. Wrestling around in the living room in the afternoons for a while. I'm breastfeeding the 8 month old and the four year old is very demanding ...

I'm trying ... : /

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN