Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

If you have a play date, do you expect the parents to let you know their LOs are sick?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 33 Replies

If you have a play date, do you expect the parents to let you know their LOs are sick ?  Does it bother you if they show up with sick kids? Do you inform others if your Los are sick?

sick

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I expect them to cancel with sick kids unless they're well past their contagious period. I wouldn't expect them to stay away because of a lingering cough, say. But I'd expect them to say, "Don't mind her cough. It's leftover from her cold last week."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting TTC2Long:

I expect them to cancel with sick kids unless they're well past their contagious period. I wouldn't expect them to stay away because of a lingering cough, say. But I'd expect them to say, "Don't mind her cough. It's leftover from her cold last week."

I totally agree. If only everyone were this thoughtful! :/

mollymae09
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Exactly. it could be a MAJOR issue if your kid gets sick. maybe they have an immune disorder... or someone they are in contact with does. i find it majorly disrespectful to not inform parents if a child is sick.

this topic hits a bit of a nerve because my cousin is battling leukemia. if he goes to see anybody he has to wear a face mask and he can't get too close to someone. If he gets sick, he could die.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, I expect them NOT to bring sick kids! I'd be super upset!

AleaKat
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM
This.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Yes. I'm very vocal about that from day one. I will respect them and I expect them to do the same.
Lori7t
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM

yes is the answer for me.  I expect to be told.  If its in the contagious stage, I would expect to stay home and that the other parent would want to do the same.  For 2 reasons, first I want to take care of my LO in the comfort of home and 2nd wouldn't want to spread it. 

busymom64064
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Me too. Out of respect, I would do the same if my child was sick

Quoting TTC2Long:

beadingmom17
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This...I feel it's common courtesy. I also think it's nice when parents call the day or a couple days after to say "Little Susie came down with a stomach virus just after playing...just a heads up". I know my friends and I do that. I would hope others would, as well...

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nichole0403
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My 4 yo is also immune suppressed from his chemo treatment so naturally I would expect someone to cancel if their child is sick. Even if my son wasn't I would think people would have enough common courtesy to not bring a sick child. Common sense there.

Quoting mollymae09:

Exactly. it could be a MAJOR issue if your kid gets sick. maybe they have an immune disorder... or someone they are in contact with does. i find it majorly disrespectful to not inform parents if a child is sick.

this topic hits a bit of a nerve because my cousin is battling leukemia. if he goes to see anybody he has to wear a face mask and he can't get too close to someone. If he gets sick, he could die.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN