Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help! No idea what's going on ;(

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hello! I need help. My son is 2 and a half. Always a great sleeper goes to bed around 8 and slept all through the night until 8. He would take one nap for about an hour to two hours. Well when he was sick a couple weeks ago he was waking a lot during the night. I would let him come out of his crib and watch some tv and comfort him since he was sick I felt bad for him. Well now he is better and EVERY night he is waking up after only a few hours of sleep .. He wants to come out of his room. He wants to come out watch tv hang out for a couple hours.. Then go back to bed but then he sleeps until 10 or 11 and its hard to give a nap. If I give a later nap he won't go to bed at 8. I even let him stay up later before and he still wakes in middle of night. I tried skipping his nap to try and get him to sleep through the night but nothing is working!!!!! PLEASE ANY TIPS OR ADVICE ARE WELCOME . Is your 2 year old doing this? It is SO out of his nature. I need help .., I am not getting any sleep!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jodyblonde2007
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Bump for somone else to answer.Sorry but I'm in the same boat as you are only my son is 3,

mapendo
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
hey hw are you,please dont panick its very normal,it happened because there was a break in the routine that he was used to,there is nothing wrong,you can try slowly to return him to his routine,or you can try positive reinforcement n see what happens but as long as he is happy n healthy dont panick n be happy,he is just a child who wants to be with you n do grown up stuff like watch tv n sleep late
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

When he wakes up don't take him out of the crib. I wouldn't turn on the light or talk either, just make it very boring for him. I'm sure he'll get the hint that he's not getting out of the crib and hopefully start sleeping good again.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi :) My kids have never done that but here is a bump and a good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)