Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question: OT

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey guys,

You'd think with me moderating and all, I'd know everything there is to know about CafeMom.....but it isn't so LOL.

Anyway, there's a ton of you in here, so I am sure ONE of you knwos the answer to this question.

I was just placed on a special diet to help treat IBS.  I can manage eliminating foods, but the list she gave me was quite general and doesn't account for odd situations (like, can I have food cooked in bell peppers and jsut not eat the bell peppers LOL).

Anyway, is there a group here on CafeMom that's catered towards IBS or adult special dietary needs?  Would be nice to have a support group for that here, since I'm here all the time anyway!

Thanks!

Corrina

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mipsy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Hm, I'm sure there is! Have you tried searching IBS on cm?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM
The healthy moms group has a lot of knowledgable moms about diets and such. Check it out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Healthy moms is the losest I could find too.  I have a coworker with severe IBS, I always feel so bad for her because she has other issues, and between her meds and the IBS it seems like she never gets a break- if the food is kind to her the meds are not :(

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Thank you, this helps a lot :)

Quoting mypbandj:

The healthy moms group has a lot of knowledgable moms about diets and such. Check it out!

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I did and it didn't come up with much.  But it also looks for the group name, you can't search by topic very well.

Quoting Mipsy:

Hm, I'm sure there is! Have you tried searching IBS on cm?

DakotaHaley
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I would think there would be. Try searching for it and if not you could always make a group as I'm sure your not alone in this.

Duquesne
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Don't know but cutting out gluten has been shown to help ibs symptoms greatly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)