Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pre-school recommendations (books)

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any good pre-school workbooks? We are moving out of state and since I don't know the area much I'd like to keep dd home with me until I feel more comfortable. Does anyone have an recommendations on pre-school workbooks/etc ?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
hudson.maggie
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yea my daughter is probably the same as your dd2.. she is SOO energetic!!!

Quoting mmeredith:

Quoting hudson.maggie:

I didn't know they made movies. I'll check them out. My dd gets impatient but I want to just slowly get into doing work book type stuff so she's used to it when she starts school.

Thank you!

Quoting mmeredith:

My dd doesn't like workbooks (I know she's in a world of hurt in K) but when we was learning letters and sounds after she did a good morning of other stuff we would watch the leap frog movies, I know they are at Target.

They are wonderful. Yea I know what you mean about workbook stuff. My oldest dd is in K now and the amount of paperwork she brings home is crazy. She thankfully loves to sit down and just do paperwork so it's awesome. DD2 not so much.

mmeredith
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting hudson.maggie:

Yea my daughter is probably the same as your dd2.. she is SOO energetic!!!

Quoting mmeredith:

Quoting hudson.maggie:

I didn't know they made movies. I'll check them out. My dd gets impatient but I want to just slowly get into doing work book type stuff so she's used to it when she starts school.

Thank you!

Quoting mmeredith:

My dd doesn't like workbooks (I know she's in a world of hurt in K) but when we was learning letters and sounds after she did a good morning of other stuff we would watch the leap frog movies, I know they are at Target.

They are wonderful. Yea I know what you mean about workbook stuff. My oldest dd is in K now and the amount of paperwork she brings home is crazy. She thankfully loves to sit down and just do paperwork so it's awesome. DD2 not so much.

VERY VERY energetic. Right now she has a doll and a pillow in the hall wall running on all 4s (to me she reminds me of a cheetah running) hoping over them. She calls it playing Horse land (a show she likes)
GELiz
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Applied Grammar has 90 pages of laminated tracing of letters, numbers, mazes and dot to dot. You can wipe off and dothe over and over. YOu can also match the capital with teh lower letters or put the alphabet in order as they are not bound.

hudson.maggie
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Do they have a website??

Quoting GELiz:

Applied Grammar has 90 pages of laminated tracing of letters, numbers, mazes and dot to dot. You can wipe off and dothe over and over. YOu can also match the capital with teh lower letters or put the alphabet in order as they are not bound.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sigmalade
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a few school zone books. My ds is 3.5 and likes them. They have plenty at Dollar Tree and I try to keep one in the car. I have heard of scholastic and kumon. They are available at amazon and local bookstores like barnes and nobles. I haven't picked any up though. Leapfrog movies are also on Netflix if you have that. They have other preschool movie also. I do more worksheets from abcjesuslovesme, hubbardscupboard, mamamonkeysblogspot, etc. They are fun so he doesn't feel like he is working.

BramblePatch
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Memoria Press Jr. Kindergarten!!!!!! Comprehensive and fun. A bit pricey but worth it in every way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellLee68
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I canceled my streaming, but I think they're on netflix too.

Quoting mmeredith:

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Kumon, because it's not just a bunch of boring workbooks, they have books that work on cutting skills, coloring skills, tracing, connecting the dots, folding along the line etc.  it's starts off at the lowest level and works up.  I also print a lot of worksheets online, like traceable letters that they can trace and color.  

GELiz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

yup Applied-grammar.com

hudson.maggie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Thank you ladies for all your recommendations! Ill definately look at it all!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)