Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Two under 2

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a 14 month old and I'm expecting my second child in two months.  I'm a little scared about how I'm going to manage with a newborn and making sure my little guy gets the attention from me that he needs.  Anyone have any tips?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Take it one day at a time.  My kids aren't nearly that close in age but once my DD came I made sure DS and I had our time carved out.  While she was sleeping has always been "our" time (even now at 6 and 3 1/2, show goes down for a nap 1 hour before him so we play games, read stories, etc) and then we started doing date nights after she would go to bed or if DH was home to watch her.  At first we would curl up in my bed with a movie and popcorn and snuggle and then we started going out places.  He asks me out now!  Monday we are going on a date since my DH has the day off and can watch Sissy  :)

Congrats on your new LO!!

blancavazquez
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:17 AM

my DS and my DD are only 1yr and a month apart when my DD came home from the hospital he was 14months (she had to stay in the nicu for a month) I held her only when I had to but always had my DS close to us, I would let him touch her, hold her hand, talk to her, and when she was asleep I would spend time with him and also would let him play on his own if he wanted to sing to the top of his longs I would let him, it helped my DD get use to noise and he didn't felt the big change, he was off the bottle and when he saw her getting a bottle he wanted one too, I didn't let him have it though but I would let him help me hold the bottle when I was feeding her, as she started growing I would lay him with us and would let him play around her, now she's almost 2 and he's almost 3 I try to do everything with both of them at the same time,if I give one something I make sure I give the other the same thing or something similar, I do not want them to feel like a have a favorite like I did growing up, I try my best to be equal so my DS doesn't feel left out and niether does my DD. It's a handfull to have two little ones but it's not impossible to be able to handle it. :)

PEEK05
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Just take it day by day. It gets easier. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)