Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What kind of food do your little ones eat ????????

Posted by   + Show Post

My son he is 22 months and he doesn't really eat meat he very rarely will eat it not any of it i have tried chicken, fish, red meat but nothing do you think even at his age he could be a vegetarian?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
lovemybabies12
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Ds is 2 and will only eat chicken and for a long time he didn't even like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytorn
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Lol I totally understand that! I hate cooked carrots! Ill eat them just fine if they're raw and cold but once you heat them up no way!!

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting Mommytorn:

Quoting jessi2girls:

a lot of younger kids don't really like meat or are picky about it.. they grow out of it. 

I always have a rule at the table.. you have to try a bite out of eat thing on your plate (for example, if I made grilled chicken and alfredo noodles with broccoli they have to try a bite of chicken, a bite of the noodles, and a bite of the broccoli.. after that, I let them eat what they want to off of their plate.. )

even if they've had it before.. I have them try it again the next time it's served.. 

There are certain foods I try not to make a lot if I notice that it really is something they dislike (for example, I've tried countless times to get my oldest to eat carrots, but she really does hate them.. so I tend to make mixed veggies and leave the carrots off her plate.. my youngest loves them though, so she ends up with more of them! lol).

But the more it's introduced, the wider variety of foods they tend to like gets! (and most of them are healthier foods too :) )

Have you ever tried adding a little brown sugar and butter to the carrots while they're cooking? It's supposed to be really good! My hubby isn't a veggie person but he loves them cooked that way!

yes, lol, still hates them.. once in a while I'll cook them down to a sauce with tomato/speghetti sauce, and i can sneak it in that way, lol.. but that's really about it! She loves nearly every other veggie she's had.. and loves her fruit too.. carrots she's hated since she first had them as a baby! lol.. But, like I said, her sister likes them.. so even if I do make a mixed veggie dish, and put carrots in it.. I can pick them out and give more to her sister.. and my oldest normally will just end up with more broccoli, lol (her fave veggie). 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, tried that way too, and with dipping sauces.. BUT one food here or there is going to happen.. so long as she's not as picky as I AM.. I'm okay with it! lol. 

(reminder to self.. never let daughters go to a pig roast!! lol)

Quoting Mommytorn:

Lol I totally understand that! I hate cooked carrots! Ill eat them just fine if they're raw and cold but once you heat them up no way!!

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting Mommytorn:

Quoting jessi2girls:

a lot of younger kids don't really like meat or are picky about it.. they grow out of it. 

I always have a rule at the table.. you have to try a bite out of eat thing on your plate (for example, if I made grilled chicken and alfredo noodles with broccoli they have to try a bite of chicken, a bite of the noodles, and a bite of the broccoli.. after that, I let them eat what they want to off of their plate.. )

even if they've had it before.. I have them try it again the next time it's served.. 

There are certain foods I try not to make a lot if I notice that it really is something they dislike (for example, I've tried countless times to get my oldest to eat carrots, but she really does hate them.. so I tend to make mixed veggies and leave the carrots off her plate.. my youngest loves them though, so she ends up with more of them! lol).

But the more it's introduced, the wider variety of foods they tend to like gets! (and most of them are healthier foods too :) )

Have you ever tried adding a little brown sugar and butter to the carrots while they're cooking? It's supposed to be really good! My hubby isn't a veggie person but he loves them cooked that way!

yes, lol, still hates them.. once in a while I'll cook them down to a sauce with tomato/speghetti sauce, and i can sneak it in that way, lol.. but that's really about it! She loves nearly every other veggie she's had.. and loves her fruit too.. carrots she's hated since she first had them as a baby! lol.. But, like I said, her sister likes them.. so even if I do make a mixed veggie dish, and put carrots in it.. I can pick them out and give more to her sister.. and my oldest normally will just end up with more broccoli, lol (her fave veggie). 

by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

The only met my kids eat are burgers and chicken nuggets. Sometimes the 2 year old will eat my Purdue short-cuts and she loves them. Oh and they love the French's Onion Chicken as well. Othe than that no meat.

They also eat macaroni and pizza and hot dogs. Eggs, cold cuts, pancakes, french toast penut butter and jelly....that's about it. 

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
My older 2 boys went through stage. Of not eating meat. My oldest went from 18mo to around 4 before he would even try meat again... Just keep offering.. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raschwittay
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

no lol. My son refused meat as well. But evernually he did like it. Sometimes its a texture thing, and sometimes he just didnt want to chew it. But he likes bacon now. Toddlers are picky. My son would just eat fruit, vegetable, and cheese, which is good, but he needs protien. so I always try meat/chicken/fish. Always make  it an option. You never know, someday he will have a taste for it.

mariesmama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM

its either a tate or a texture thing mine eats tuna, hotdogs, and chicken nuggets i'm sure she'd eat fishsticks too

BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
My 22 month old eats just about everything. He loves fruit. We keep a bowl full at all times. His favorites are oranges and kiwi's. As far as meat go he will eat any of my home cooked food whether it's fried or baked chicken, fillets, ribeye, baked fish, turkey tacos, sphaghetti with meat sauce, chicken Alfredo, chicken & dumplings, Chili, etc. He eats all his veggies broccoli, coliflower, asparagus, green beans, peas, carrots, corn, potatoes, etc. We have pancakes and fruit or buscuits, bacon, and eggs for breakfast and sometimes oatmeal. He also enjoys ketchup and ranch with a variety of foods. He's an odd one and likes ketchup on his eggs in the morning.

The key for us was doing away with the high chair. He wouldn't touch a thing we put in front of him but as soon as he got down he was eating off our plates. He is very independent and doesn't like to be fed even if it means a big mess. I try and give him choices in the things he eats at least for snacks not always meals unless we're having leftovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

My almost 4 year old eats practically nothing.

My 1.5 year old eats anything lol.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

DD is 28 months and will eat most of what we do (but I am a vegetarian all of my adult life, so it's rare that actual meat is offered to her). She has tried chicken, beef, ham, and tuna and only seems to really dislike tuna. She is becoming pickier about what she'll eat and it can be frustrating to cook something that she liked the last time it was served only to have her hardly eat 3 bites of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)