Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What kind of food do your little ones eat ????????

Posted by   + Show Post

My son he is 22 months and he doesn't really eat meat he very rarely will eat it not any of it i have tried chicken, fish, red meat but nothing do you think even at his age he could be a vegetarian?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My almost 4 year old is still kinda picky about meat (mostly ground beef), but we've gotten to where she'll eat chicken, pork, fish, and other beef by just continually offering it to her. She likes pepper so we season it with a little black pepper and just give her 4 small pieces and get her to try it. If she likes it and asks for more, we'll give her that. I feel like the key is to test what he likes, and offer the meat WITH that.

Otherwise, I feel pretty lucky that she eats pretty much anything we offer. Pastas, veggies (her favorites are green beans and broccoli), fruits (she loves strawberries and watermelon), grains, eggs, etc etc!

My younger DD is already showing signs of being a picky eater at only 10 months. We put a little macaroni and cheese and green beans on her high chair and she won't touch the green beans :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My kid's will eat anything, lol

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I would try making the meat more tender. taking a meat tenderizer to it. My son won't eat meat either unless it's like the consistency of the frozen meal meats. 

Like salsbury steak, chicken nuggets, fish sticks. Things like that. 

TerriAnne2606
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Kids that young don't need a lot of protein.  Try eggs or small amounts of peanut butter... milk has protein - yogurt.  Cut it up really small so he'll be able to chew it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry.  

momma1708
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My DS loves ham steak, and I can get him to eat certain meats, bacon is favorite, other wise he really doesn't like it. He seems to like the more soft, easy to cut meat like a pork roast, ham and bacon.... now that I think about he really like pig.... he also likes sauted chicken but that is about it. He doesn't care for steak or most beef. 

aj2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I have a 21 month old son. He eats chicken, pork, red meat but no fish. It took him awhile to get used to those food though. Just give it some time. Dr.'s told us that it'll take a few tries with "new" food for him to get used to eating it.

RutterMama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM

My kids eat whatever they are served.
No, at this age he isn't choosing to be a vegetarian - he is just exploring what the different foods are.

Hutersmom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My little man loves meat not a huge fish fan tho. He eats lots of veggies and fruits and isn't big in to potatos he'll eat almost anything I give him so I guess I got lucky with a good eater :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweet1s
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

At 22 months, most meat is challenging to chew and swallow safely for many kids.  I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.  My older kids are the least picky eaters on the planet, and they weren't big fans of meat as toddlers either.  As others have suggested, just find other sources of protein.  My 2 year old's 2 favorite foods are cottage cheese and hummus - both are full of protein :)   

Midsummerdawn
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM

My son's not a big fan of meat, but he loves scrambled eggs, beans and tofu cubes as well as all sorts of cheese and yogurt. Sometimes we can get him to eat little bits if it's mixed in with other stuff, but meat on its own, forget about it.  I don't worry about it. Meat's not a big deal as long as he eats other sources of protein. We were vegetarian for years before I got pregnant and started craving meat like I'd die without it, so I don't stress meat much. To us it's just a tasty treat more than a staple of our diet anyway.

He also would not touch pureed meat babyfood. He acted like I was trying to feed him dirt. I don't blame him though. That stuff's pretty nasty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)