Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I am trying to plan my son's 3rd birthday party

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I want it to be very bright and colorful and I want a candy bar/buffet. I just need an inexpensive way of pulling this off. It is gonna be in my backyard and we are going to have the grill going. I need ideas though. Can anybody help. His 1st birthday was Elmo themed cause he loves Elmo still does actually and his 2nd birthday was at Chuck E Cheese. 

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:33 AM

maybe do a jungle theme and you get various animals and colors.  http://www.orientaltrading.com/ has a lot of various party themes and reasonably priced.  I would just order early just in case.  Hit a wholesale club for candy in bulk.  Do cupcakes rather than a large cake or cake pops.  Like for me, Winn Dixie, just had the party plates for sale buy 1 get 1 free, so I am going to use those.  Im assuming it is going to be during spring or summer so then get small bubble sets, but a large pack of play doh and then you can give each child one from the set, then a lollipop or something.

babygomez
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I wouldn't know, our parties have been very simple. Have you checked out ideas on Pinterest?

kaycersmom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Pinterest is what I was going to say too lol

Quoting babygomez:

I wouldn't know, our parties have been very simple. Have you checked out ideas on Pinterest?

Pinkjet5041
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I agree, Pinterest is awesome! 

Themes we have done for our son: 
1st B-day ~ First Birthday Stars theme
2nd B-day ~ Toy Story
3rd B-day ~ Cars 2
4th B-day ~ Pirate party

The pirate party was so much fun!

PEEK05
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Dollar store might help with it being inexpensive.

diamondgyal16
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

yea i started looking on there...i love pinterest they have a lot of ideas

Quoting babygomez:

diamondgyal16
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

that cake is cute...awesome

Quoting Pinkjet5041:

I agree, Pinterest is awesome! 

Themes we have done for our son: 
1st B-day ~ First Birthday Stars theme
2nd B-day ~ Toy Story
3rd B-day ~ Cars 2
4th B-day ~ Pirate party

The pirate party was so much fun!

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Well, going for a general party is MUCH EASIER than a character themed one :) :).  You have so many options if you are going just for bright colors.  Your local party store has all sorts of colored plates, spoons, etc.  And most times they have them on sale for like 100 for 25c and stuff :).  So you might wnat to check that out.

Another thing you can try is PINTEREST :).  Its popular for a reason :). You can find all sorts of idesa htere.  Do you know who you are inviting?  I would look at that list first and then gauge what types of decor/food/etc to have :)

Good luck!

Sigmalade
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM

For a cheap candy bar, go to party city or look at oriental trading.com and buy candy in bulk. Clear containers and scoops can be purchased from dollar tree. There are plenty of details on the web Good luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I would try pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)