Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

might be a weird question

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 22 Replies
When is a good age to start you child on showers? My son is 5 and he just takes bathes. He is mostly independant in the bath, but I do rinse the soap out of his hair for him. Is that too old? I would love if he could take showers independantly, but not sure when to try this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My ds is almost 4 and will take a shower on occasion as long as dh or I is standing outside the tub. I think I would go with whenever you feel your kid is ready
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM

my son takes showers.  he turned 6 in Dec and has been taking showers for 6-9 months.  we have a detachable shower head and he would just play for a while and I would wash him up.  he's fully independent as of the last few months.  uses too much body wash though :)

Jodyblonde2007
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM

both of my sons take showers they are 5 and 3 with my 3 year old I still have to rinse his hair but other than that he washes himself.

taurusmom88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I'm just hesitant because he hates water falling on his head. Period. He also doesn't like it on his face. Maybe I will just ease him into it. It wont hurt to try. I know I cant coddle him about it forever. Lol.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

My ds is almost 4 and will take a shower on occasion as long as dh or I is standing outside the tub. I think I would go with whenever you feel your kid is ready

taurusmom88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
3? Holy crap. That's nice. Lol.

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

both of my sons take showers they are 5 and 3 with my 3 year old I still have to rinse his hair but other than that he washes himself.

queen_k0302
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Mine start out as an infant in the shower with me. When they able to walk well is when my dd & ds wanted showers. So they were both around 2.
Jodyblonde2007
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

yeah we started putting him in the shower with his daddy when he learned to walk. He would just stand or walk around for the first bit and DH would give him a wash cloth to so he could was himself and learn from daddy. we did the same thing with my 5 year old.

Quoting taurusmom88:

3? Holy crap. That's nice. Lol.

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My kid's started around 4

Jennifer_236
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM

my 7 year old started taking them at 6 and my 3 year will take them with me

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I just had this conversation with someone, they said their kids start showers at age 3. Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN