Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Childrens music

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 13 Replies
Can anyone recommend some good kids cds for learning? My 2 year old loves music and Im hoping to find some good songs to get her to talk more and help learn her abc's since everyone has told me the more I repeat stuff the more she will pick up and talk more. Shes already very comprehensive and understands way more than says so was thinking music might help us some. Thanks :)

Also Im open to ideas of getting her to talk more other than music!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Any of the kids CDs/DVDs by They Might Be Giants. We LOVE "Here Come the ABCs" (DVD), and we also have Here Come the 123's (CD).

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Laurie Berkner band (I think that's how you spell it).  She's even got some music videos that play on NickJr.  

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

My son insists on 37 Greatest Kids Songs CD. If you let her watch TV, leap frog letter factory is s good DVD 

PEEK05
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I don't know but here is a bump.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM
We absolutely love Laurie Berkner in our house and his school. He calls the moon the "moon moon moon". =)

Quoting corrinacs:

Laurie Berkner band (I think that's how you spell it).  She's even got some music videos that play on NickJr.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
any kid's music works. go to the library and check out cd's to find one that she likes =) and read a lot! very simple picture books make it easy to point out the pictures and talk about what you see. Just talk with her about everything and ask her questions even if you don't understand her reponses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I don't know if it's educational, but ds loves Raffi. It's fun, rhymes, and sparks creativity. Really, you can take anything and make it a lesson plan.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We love The Laurie Berkner Band! 

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I use YouTube ABC videos for learning. The visuals help and they have taught my kids so much.  There are so many nice abc songs, super simple songs is y favorite on YouTube.

babowes
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Love!

Quoting corrinacs:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)