Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice on how to keep my toddler in his own bed???

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 28 Replies
I put him to bed every night around 9 and he is fine until about 2 or 3 am then he likes to join me in my bed. I don't mind it so much but my husband does, how can I keep him in his own bed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Put him back in his bed each time he comes into yours and tell him to stop. Let him have a tantrum and cry until he learns.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Sorry I don't know. Once my kids went to their own bed, they stayed there.  Here is a bump.

AubreeG16
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting AmyL3469:

Put him back in his bed each time he comes into yours and tell him to stop. Let him have a tantrum and cry until he learns.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting AmyL3469:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

We were kind of harsh but we got a baby gate for her doorway. That way she couldn't get out or anything and she really disliked that we foiled that plan of hers. She would have her tantrums but now she does not leave her room at night unless she has to go potty and we very rarely use the gate anymore...

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I dont view a gate as harsh at all. We have always had a gate in dds doorway. I dont like gates by stairsit makes it harder to get thru and more dangerous for me if im carring one of them.

No clue op...my oldest just went to bed and stayed :/ my 20 month olds first night in a toddlerbed is tonight. Gl!

Quoting laughnchica:

We were kind of harsh but we got a baby gate for her doorway. That way she couldn't get out or anything and she really disliked that we foiled that plan of hers. She would have her tantrums but now she does not leave her room at night unless she has to go potty and we very rarely use the gate anymore...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I usually let mine snuggle until he falls asleep again. I just think he needs reassurance that we're still there or may be having nightmares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting AmyL3469:

I agree with this. Sorry momma, this is pretty much what you'll have to do.

yourz4ever
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
When he wakes up and comes to me in the middle of the night I usually just let him sleep with me, I'll definitely start putting him back in his bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Some people may not like to hear this but its the only thing that has worked for us.... We flipped their handles around on their doors so the lock is on the outside and we lock them in. Our son is about to be 4 and I have left his door unlocked several nights recently and he doesnt even attempt to open the door anymore. 

The reason we use the locks instead of baby gates is because they instantly take the gates down and we have french door handles which the kids instantly figured out how to disable the safety device :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)