Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

parties

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do you think they NEED to have a party?

Im not having a party for Addisons birthday because we cant afford it. And she DOESNT want one.

Now let me explain,

We use our income tax money to go up to Penn state for their dance a thon to raise money for childhood cancer.

Well this event happens two after her birthday on Feb 15, her bday is on 12th.

So her friends from up there are going to have something for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I don't think kids need a full 100 person to-do but all kids need to be celebrated on their bday.  Whatever is in your means.  Celebrations don't have to cost a dime.  They are about the thought behind them.  I think that you guys could just decorate your house and have a special dinner with her and then have your event with the friends when you are away.  Kids don't need much.  A paper crown or something silly to show her that she's #1 that day is all they really want.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM

that's what we were going to do. 

her first three parties were over 300 each!!!  

i just don't have the funds for it this year. she's five for goodness sakes, it's not her sweet 16!

and my dollar tree has crowns and etc for 1.06 and sashes and etc. 

and depending on how much my husbands refund is, we were going to go bowling while at penn state. 

people are now calling me fake because i'm making this cancer charity up...and i don't a women who is getting 1166 back on her fund that i wasn't feeling sorry for her

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:.

I don't think kids need a full 100 person to-do but all kids need to be celebrated on their bday.  Whatever that means to you, is all that matters.  I think that you guys could just decorate your house and have a special dinner with her and then have your event with the friends when you are away.  Kids don't need much.  A paper crown or something silly to show her that she's #1 that day is all they really want.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Do they need it? No, but we always have one. Maybe you can surprise her with a homemade or box cake and just your family (immediate that live in the house). Sing Happy Birthday and make her favorite meal if you can afford to.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Do they need it? No, but we always have one. Maybe you can surprise her with a homemade or box cake and just your family (immediate that live in the house).

she was gonna get whatever funetti cupcakes/cake she wanted.

i stated she was going to have cake. 

she honestly doesn't need that as she doesn't even eat cake

Pinkjet5041
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My birthday is on the 12th, too :) 

I think you have fun things planned for her and if she is happy then everyone is happy. Nothing wrong in not having an actual party - her day will still be celebrated and I think that's what counts.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

No child NEEDS a b-day party, especially if the parents can't afford it. I personally believe it's important to celebrate a child's b-day even though it isn't needed.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Not needed. But I like to do them mostly because birthdays and holidays are really the only times i see most of my family
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
See I see the most important people on a daily basis. And since her birthday is in winter we have to have it inside.

And my house is just to small...and I cant waste fs in food for one day kwim?

And all that would happen is my cousins kids.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Not needed. But I like to do them mostly because birthdays and holidays are really the only times i see most of my family

babowes
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
You can do a lot of fun things for free or little money.
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I know.

I just find it funny that people want to say that cancer charity isnt real.

Look up thon.org its real.

Its disgusting for people to claim its fake.

Quoting babowes:

You can do a lot of fun things for free or little money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN