Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Question for moms who formula fed **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

When did you stop giving your child formula? My son will be 13 months on feb. 7. but he is still on formula because regular milk hurts his stomach and he can't keep it down. My daughter is on a toddler formula and when we tried him on it he didn't like it. So I was just wondering how long other infants were on formula.

My sons doctor said to wait about a month and then try him on the toddler formula again. He says that he just may not be ready for milk yet and to try it later.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
careyphotoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Dd was 11months when we started transitioning her over to milk and she was a year when she was completely off formula.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

We started to switch at a year. We had 8 oz bottles and started with 7 oz formula and 1 oz whole milk. We added an oz of milk and subtracted an oz of formula every week till we got to all milk.

Mommyof1014
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I stopped my son on formula when he turned a year old! He had issues with milk being too heavy on his stomach! I just adjusted him to it by starting out half milk half water and lowered the water week to week until he was used to it! Now he's fine! 

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I didn't do formula but have you tried something like goats milk? It's supposed to be closer to human milk than cows milk is.

mariesmama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

try lactaid milk and give regular milk gradually

PEEK05
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My first was formula fed.  We stopped formula at 12 months. She had issues with dairy until 2 1/2 years old. We just gave her rice milk.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM

My boys were off formula at 12 months. They were okay with milk. Maybe she's lactose intolerant? Try soy or almond milk. 

ragitty
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I mainly bf'd but supplemented with formula. I stopped the formula at 9 months and weaned bfing at 12months. If I could do it over I would have continued bfing much longer. Have you tried almond milk or goat's milk? They are supposed to be better for children or so I've been told

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

she was 11 mos when we introduced whole milk. She was completly off formula by 12 mos. Then we switched to soy milk because she has her daddys digestive system. Didn hurt her tummy. She and her daddy have really smelly farts. Its bad

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
12 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)