Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

15 month old standards..

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

what are some basic things that MOST 14-15 month olds can do? Just curious

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I can't remember that far back ;) but I know you can do a search for toddler milestones and see what comes up.

angevil53
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM
My dd is 14mo. She can repeat a lot of sounds says a few words in context. Can push buttons. Can pat a baby doll and kiss. Knows what no means. Plays with others a bit. Can sign more. She understands simples processes like opening/closing drawers. Climbing on things to reach stuff. Starting to help put toys away. Knows the names of a few rooms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Running, walking, climbing, waving, up to 20wirds, mastered pincher grip, feeds self, understands no, understands a 1 step command, follows a 1 step command 50% if time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Lol my son listens maybe 1% of the time.. But I know he understands me

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Running, walking, climbing, waving, up to 20wirds, mastered pincher grip, feeds self, understands no, understands a 1 step command, follows a 1 step command 50% if time...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof1014
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

you can do a developmental milestone check list on the internet based on age! It's on average what most kids that age can do! It will give you a list of things to talk to your doctor about if your child is not doing certain things that should raise a concern! From doing this recently and my son is also 15 months old... They should be able to climb point focus on something that you point at, walk maybe run, feed themselves, be shy or nervous around strangers, notice/ cries when mom or dad leaves, shows a sense of fear, repeating sounds or actions for attention, can reach out an arm or leg to help with dressing, plays simple games such as patty-cake, responds to simple requests, simple gestures such as shaking head no or waving bye, explores, looks at correct object when mentioned, copies you, learns to use things correctly such as a phone or hairbrush, can put things in a container, follows simple directions,

Here is one website that will give you a few of the milestones...

www.parentingweekly.com/baby/baby_informatioin/toddler_dev_12_15_mos.htm

Hope this helps

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM

If I recall, baseline vocabulary for a 15 month old is saying about 8 to 10 words. If they are around other kids, 15 to 16 months is when some of the pushing and hitting can start to appear. 

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)