Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

POTTY TRAINED KIDS: Did they ever have an accident in the car?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 16 Replies

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmomSATX
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Liam has been potty trained since August and had his first accident on Tuesday coming home from preschool. He was so embarrassed and upset he wouldn't get out of his seat. I felt really bad for him but made sure to assure him that it was ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tjuhmylove
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

yes both my kids have had accidents in the car. My oldest had been potty trained for a few months and we decided to risk it and drove about 45 mins away; he fell asleep and had an accident. My DD had one a few months ago because she is so stubborn and would not use the bathroom before we left the store.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Poor boy :(

Quoting isaiahsmomSATX:

Liam has been potty trained since August and had his first accident on Tuesday coming home from preschool. He was so embarrassed and upset he wouldn't get out of his seat. I felt really bad for him but made sure to assure him that it was ok.

babygomez
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

No, she has never had an accident in the car.

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM

She did once. But that was during the 1st couple weeks of potty training. Other than that nope.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Absolutely
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My daughter did once and it was totally our fault.  It was in the first week that she was not having accidents when we drove about 20-30 minutes, ate lunch and let her drink a lot, and forgot to take her before we left for home. :( We were stuck in traffic on a busy freeway on the way home so she fell asleep and peed herself.  She cried and I felt so bad. :(

zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

ugh yes - and nothing screws up newly minted potty training like a long car trip...not my favorite

January1964
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

She never had an accident in the car and also refused to let me put a "piddle pad" underneath her.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Started potty training in November and he's only had 1 accident. We usually try to potty before we get in the car to help prevent it. He did have an accident in the stroller when shopping with grandparents during Christmas time. That's a totally different topic since they thought they were being cute and let him drink coke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)