Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

toddler girl hair help please!

Posted by   + Show Post

Im trying to figure out what i can do with dd's hair. Its short and curly but she has a lot of it. Other than pulling it back with a hair tie or a head band, idk what else to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Bump!

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

My DD is 28 months and is going through a phase where she likes anything "princess"-y or pretty. She sleeps with blankets over her head, so every morning her hair is a messy frizz ball. She'll let me braid her hair or put it in pig tails if I tell her they're "pretty princess braids/pig tails" and put her favorite hair clips in.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
We will do pigtails sometimes if she lets me and sits still long enough. We tried braids yesterday but some parts of her hair is still shorter than the rest.

Quoting mrsniebo:

My DD is 28 months and is going through a phase where she likes anything "princess"-y or pretty. She sleeps with blankets over her head, so every morning her hair is a messy frizz ball. She'll let me braid her hair or put it in pig tails if I tell her they're "pretty princess braids/pig tails" and put her favorite hair clips in.

Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM

That's how my daughter's hair is going to look in about 6 months. :)  I'm not going to do anything with it, it's superadorable just like that!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

my girl doesn't have much hair yet so i'm no help. lol

eoewan
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

My kids had curly hair that went frizzy. I found a shampoo and leave in moisturizer made for little ones. It is called "It's a Curl". It stops the frizzies.

I think your dd has beautiful hair.

mandaschelle
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

This was about a year ago ( she is 2 now) I found tiny rubber band type ties available at Claire's work best at staying in and being hard to pull out.
As for getting her to stay still she sits in her high chair with finger food and a favorite cartoon playing otherwise she's a wild thing and there is no way I could get anything done with it.
KRIZZ25
i wish my heart would just stop.
Yesterday at 7:04 PM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
LEAVE IT ALONE.LET IT GROW..WEN SHE GETS OLDER IT WILL BE BEAUTY FULL.
mandaschelle
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

With "pretties"
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I love the way her hair flows down like that. Dd's hair is so curly that she gets the little fountain look.

Quoting mandaschelle:

With "pretties"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)