Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

15 month girl no teeth

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'M so worried about my daughter's teeth, she is 15 months and doesn't have not even one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
That seems kind of odd...have you asked her pediatrician about it? Or consulted a pediatric dentist?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting beadingmom17:

That seems kind of odd...have you asked her pediatrician about it? Or consulted a pediatric dentist?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My son didnt get his first one til 4 days before his birthday. But 15 months seems a little old. I would ask her dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That is kinda weird. How does she eat?? I would definatley talk to her Pediatrition or a dentist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blissfulmama80
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's about 16 months that they start to worry/wonder a little.  My DD1 didn't get her first little tooth until she was 14 months old.  She did just fine eating pretty much whatever she wanted... even steak!  LOL  They have strong gums!  Anyway, if I were you, I'd ask the pedi and see what they think, but wouldn't worry too much.  I think, even at 16 months, they'd just have a look (maybe go to a dentist for x-rays) to make sure it all looked good.  I always heard that the later they get their teeth the better because they are stronger/have less chance for cavities!  

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a little late.  My son was 11 months before his first but 15 months seems long.  You may call a pedi dentist just to check.

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was a very late teether, at 2 yrs she only has 12 teeth which is also unusual.  She got her first two teeth at about 15 months.  Late teething is connected to later puberty.  Were you a late bloomer? It is also connected to nutrition, if she is well nourished I wouldnt worry.  How is the rest of her growth?

jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

that somes very late to not even have one.. I'd be a bit concerned at talk to the pediatrician or even a dentist about this..

I looked it up, and most babies should at least have signs of teething or one tooth by a year old.. if you don't have any signs of teething and no teeth this far past a year old, definitely discuss it with yoru pediatrician!!!

babygomez
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be too, I don't know if it's considered normal or not.

I'd ask her dentist. :)

kierstyn78
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

My daughter that doesn't have teeth yet is a twin, her sister got her first tooth about a month ago and now has the two lower ones, which are most of the way out. My girls wert born 6 weeks early, so that's why i'm not TOO concerned yet. I check their mouth every morning for teeth lol, I have been talking with their pediatrician about their teeth since their 12 month check up. I haven't taken them to the dentist yet but that might be my next step just too make sure everything is okay. Thanks for everyone's reply!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN