Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Where did he learnt his?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
My 2 1/2 year old ds now asks me to "watch him sleep" when he goes to bed. Not sure where this came from but it's driving me crazy! He wants me to watch him go to sleep but he doesn't go to sleep he just keeps checking to make sure I'm still there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PEEK05
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It's probably not something he learned, just something he came up with on his own.  Ask him why he wants you to watch him go to sleep. 

babygomez
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I agree.

Quoting PEEK05:

It's probably not something he learned, just something he came up with on his own.  Ask him why he wants you to watch him go to sleep. 

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

My first thought is that maybe he heard you say he looks cute when he is sleeping? Maybe crazy but that was my first thought.

ItsMega_
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its just a sneaky way to have you stay with him in his room. My son will tell me to hold his hand and literally curl around my hand and wrist and say "Please mama, just hold my hand until I fall asleep." That sneaky little joker knows I will fall asleep, LOL. Mission accomplished.

ItsMega_
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM

ALSO my son has one of those elevated beds with the book shelves and drawers under it, so you have to go up steps to get into it. Well, there were so many times after story time I would fall asleep right along with him because I was so tired and didnt feel like doing all that extra work (I know, LAZY LOL) so now I have been reading to him on the couch or loveseat before bed and he still asks every night to read to him in his bed like I use to LOL.

big_red05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Maybe he just wants you to be there with him while he falls asleep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellymarie323
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Does he watch play with me sesame?? It's on sprout.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM

when my dd did that at the same age, it surprised me because from when she was 3mos old, we could just put her in the crib, turn off the lights and leave and she would sing or coo herself to sleep.  so i made a deal with her:  that i would stay until she fell asleep but if she messed around and didn't go right to sleep, i'd leave. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)