Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How do I get my 2 yr old and 5 yr old to stop fighting?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

How do I get my 2 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy to stop fighting all the time? I know they are siblings and I know that they will fight, but it seems that they are constantly getting on each others nerves and hitting each other. Help!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Praisde them when they play well together, seperate them when they won't play nice. I ground my kids from each other and make them sit on opposite sides of the room from each other

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

they will grow out of it.

i let them fight it out...

it took maybe a week before it started to phase away

they do it because it annoys you.. so let them fight it out, yes there has been head slams, and body slams, but when i ignore them, its not as much fun

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

sounds like my house except mine are 3 1/2 and 6 now.  we just keep reminding them to use their words and ask for help from an adult.  it's not perfect.  i had 3 older siblings and i know sometimes they just have to work some stuff out. 

kjbugsmom1517
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM
My girls r 7 and 4 and i swear they fight or annoy eachother constantly. I started lettin them duke it out themselves and it has lessoned alittle. Now if the drama would go away lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM
My 4yo son and 3yo DD uses to fight al the time. After one of these "episodes" when my son started screaming at my DD I told him that if he doesn't want her around anymore I will return her to the store. :-)))
They didn't fight since.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)