Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Pink eye

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hey what does pink eye look like and does it have any other symptoms besides the eyes? My 3 year old yesterday woke up with a fever and his eyes draining green boogers like crazy then this morning he woke up not able to see cause his eyes were crusted shut. Also is there any thing else that it could be?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
-42-
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I would think it's pink eye.

Sometimes allergies can cause it, but they have to be pretty badass allergies to cause that much issue.

deadlights86
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

red watery his eye will be hurting and sensative to light. Not much else it can be. Its very contageous and has to be seen by a dr to get antibiotic eye drops.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Are his eyes red? Some kids get eye boogers from being sick and not related to pink eye at all.  It's hard to tell. :/

jlbelknap35
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
One eye is redder then the other, I called his dr and she thinks it is but she didn't have any openings today so she just called in a Rx and told us if in a day or 2 it's not better then call and they will get us in.

Quoting PEEK05:

Are his eyes red? Some kids get eye boogers from being sick and not related to pink eye at all.  It's hard to tell. :/

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Yeah if one eye is more red than the other, I would say pink eye is likely the culprit.

Quoting jlbelknap35:

One eye is redder then the other, I called his dr and she thinks it is but she didn't have any openings today so she just called in a Rx and told us if in a day or 2 it's not better then call and they will get us in.

Quoting PEEK05:

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM

it sounds like pink eye. when I had that as a child I remember having to clear my eyes before I could open them when I woke up.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Pink eye plus fever may actually be an ear infection.  I don't understand the link, but my peditrician always makes us come in for an ear check whenever either of my boys has pink eye.  Says that kids with pink eye often have an ear infection and it spreads (or shows itself) through the pink eye.

If the fever continues, I would call back and be seen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)