Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did YOU get the chicken pox as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post

I did not.  Neither myself or my brothers ever caught the chicken pox, even when exposed around to others who had it.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (101-110):
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I did.

kimberly161
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I did and it was on my 12th birthday. It was a very bad case too. I had to be quarantined from others. I have a scar on my face from it
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I had it when I was a baby

My kids were vaccinated for it. I've always wondered if that was the right decision or if I should have just let them get it and get it over with. I heard it's way worse to get it as an adult and I don't know if the vaccine wears off eventually. I don't want them to have any problems later.

ragitty
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Yes. My mom made sure my older brother and I had a play date whenever she heard someone we knew had the chicken pox. We both eventually got it then everyone came over to our house :) We thought it was awesome. My younger siblings got the vaccine so they never got them.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Yes
ragitty
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I worry about that a lot, too. I vaccinated ds but I don't think I will for future lo's for that very reason

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I had it when I was a baby

My kids were vaccinated for it. I've always wondered if that was the right decision or if I should have just let them get it and get it over with. I heard it's way worse to get it as an adult and I don't know if the vaccine wears off eventually. I don't want them to have any problems later.

dudestfd
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I had chicken pox, shingles, measles, and the mumps one after the other. I almost died bc of them when was 6. 

lambdarose
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

yes but my aunt never got it either. She even taught 2nd grade for years and her son even had it and she never had it. Maybe there is a natural immunity .

momma1708
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM

yep. My sisters and I pretty much got it around the same time. 

PEEK05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM

That's not good. :( Thankfully you survived!

Quoting dudestfd:

I had chicken pox, shingles, measles, and the mumps one after the other. I almost died bc of them when was 6. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)