Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Did YOU get the chicken pox as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post

I did not.  Neither myself or my brothers ever caught the chicken pox, even when exposed around to others who had it.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (121-130):
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I had them before I was a year old.

khoisten
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I got them in third grade. The whole class got them. We were out three at a time. My husband got them as an adult.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommykc
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I did when I was little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattsmate
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Had them at the end of my sophomore year of high school, during a band trip. Don't who gave them to me but I do know only one kid got them.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2012)

big smile mini

ejsmom4604
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I remember that. I was 7 and that was all over the news in the Chicago area, and I think it was either the year before, or the year after, there were reports of razor blades put in apples and candy that people were handing out. Ever since then everything had to be wrapped from a manufacturer and no more homemade stuff :(

Quoting mypbandj:

I had them over Halloween of 1982. I was in 3rd grade. My friend from my class diagnosed me in the school bathroom. LOL

Most of you are too young to remember (or maybe not even born yet lol) but in 1982 there was a huge scare of people poisoning the Halloween candy so many parents were keeping their kids home that year. The reason for the scare was because some psycho had poisoned some Tylenol earlier that year.

So while I missed out on Halloween, so did most of my friends.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ejsmom4604
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yup had them twice, at 6 years old (got them from my brother) and again when I was 10. Found out the day before I was supposed to get my cast removed from having a broken wrist. Talk about super itchy!

aj2011
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Yes I have... it was horrible! It happened 2 days before I turned 10. Happy birthday to me... lol

CafeMom Tickers
babyblue415
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM

yes i had them twice. 

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
yup. both of my brothers did too. i rmember wearing socks on my hands to keep me from scratching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apriol
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I got it when I was 12 and it stunk!  I wish I had been younger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)