Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did YOU get the chicken pox as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post

I did not.  Neither myself or my brothers ever caught the chicken pox, even when exposed around to others who had it.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (91-100):
bebe_ju-rah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Yes, as an infant. DH got it when he was 14. DD got the vaccine so she won't get it but idk if I'll have ds vax'd with that. I actually thought it was one that they offer but don't automatically do and was surprised to find out that my dd had been vax'd. Bad mom for not knowing what went into her...I know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Yes,I did.But,I am one of the "lucky" ones.The pox never showed up on my skin.I had them in my mouth,down my throat.....Boy,did that suck! Turns out that if you get the chicken pox-on the inside-like I did.When the pox starts bursting/scabbing over....it makes you really sick.(Throwing up,nauseous)the stuff that drains out of it ends up in your stomach.Sorry,tmi I know.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Back when I was a kid (maybe you too), the chicken pox vaccine was still newish and was optional, not routine.  I didn't know it became routine either until I had my daughter in 2009 and saw the vaccination schedule.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yes, as an infant. DH got it when he was 14. DD got the vaccine so she won't get it but idk if I'll have ds vax'd with that. I actually thought it was one that they offer but don't automatically do and was surprised to find out that my dd had been vax'd. Bad mom for not knowing what went into her...I know.

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Yeah, I was only a couple months old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yes. My brother, sister and I all had them at the same time. 

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Yes. I have four sisters and we all had it at the same time. Neither of my kids have had it.

Bertha21
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I never did, but my siblings did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Just to be clear.... Just because she was vaccinated for Vericella(Chicken Pox) that doesn't mean that she will never get the disease.

momma4AJ
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

i got the shot when i was really little and so did my brother and sister, but when i was 13 my brother got chicken pox and then shared with my sister and i... i still have scars on my face from them

slrsgirl
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

My brother and I never got it so when I was around 12 I think we both got the vaccine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)