Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, so every Tuesday myself and another one of my mom friends go to a local neighborhood park. The park itself is wonderful, lots of good playground equipment, picnic tables and plenty of shade from the Florida sun! But unfortunately some of the other park patrons are allowing their children to do unsanitary and dangerous things. For example, bringing potties to the park and dumping them there! YUCK!, Allowing their kids to climb and put their feet in the water fountain, running around with dirty diapers, going across the street to play (no older then 5!). The children seem to have no boundaries. To me its not just a parenting style to promote independence, its a lack of attention to inappropriate behaviors that everyone visiting the park is forced to witness. 

Normally my friend and I turn our cheek to this but today really upset and disturbed me. One of these women allowed their son, probably about 3 years old, to run around and play on the play equipment naked!!!! This is when I quickly got my son and left. Having a child slide down slides naked, climb up ladders and sit on the play area totally naked seems like a health concern, among many other things! If you were me would you say something to the park officials, the mothers or just continue to ignore it???

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-14):
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Wow, wth is going on at this park!? Pretty nasty. I would find another park.

AwesomeElegance
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Last time I was in a park some kid kept messing with my bestie's  kid (wiping boogers on her) and we left. We ust play with the swing and slide in her backyard from now on.  Some people are gross.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wow

itsamadfrenzy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM

UPDATE!!! The woman that I go with and I both sent emails to the park staff complaining about the situation. They were very helpful and responsive to our concerns so hopefully everything can get sorted out and these ladies will either go elsewhere with thier nasty parenting behaviors or act like normal mothers visiting a public park!! 

Lordy, lordy! It made me realize just when I thought I saw the craziest thing there was just a bit more crazy out there! LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)