Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
We are driving 25 hours today into late tomorrow night. We are going to N. Dakota for a wedding. We have 2 3-year old boys and I am wondering if theirs anything that I can get to entertain them. This is the longest drive we've taken them (12 hrs was the most and even that was so hard for them.) We bought them a Nintendo DS with 2 video games (we let them pick it out) and 5 new movies they haven't seen. We have a DVD player in the back setup for them to watch movies. We also bought playing cards so they could play go fish and stuff in the car. Is there anything else we should bring to make the ride a little less painful for them?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Replies (11-15):
Mommy2aboy33
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I hate driving this far too. I'm also 8 weeks pregnant so that makes it even worse for me. We have only about 12 hours left (got a late start this morning) and so far everyone's done pretty well. .
Quoting emkirkley:

I agree with what's been said, we made workbooks for our oldest two when we drove last summer, stuff about the states we were in (for the little one it was mostly coloring stuff-she was almsot 3), count certain objects out the windows, coloring, maze, puzzle books, videos they've never seen plus some of their favorites, plain paper to draw on, a box of new tiny toys from dollar tree, lots of snacks.

I hate to say it, but I would hate to be in your kids position...I hate to drive that far, I can't imagine trying to make my toddlers/preschoolers do it.  It was hard enough doing 8 hours of drive time one day and 4 the next on our 12 hour drive to Disney, and they at least knew there was something worth the drive at the end.

Mommy2aboy33
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM
The coloring books have done very well so far! Thank you so much!!!!!
Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Coloring books and crayons do well here

Mommy2aboy33
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
We did take my iPad and I download some kid games before we left. Thank you!
Quoting illinoismommy83:

Do you have an iPad or anything similar? Even a $99 tablet from the pharmacy would do. I would load a tablet with tons of exciting new apps and the kids should be just fine. When my daughter was 3 she loved to play on her iphone. 

babowes
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Color wonder
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Snacks in little bags
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN