Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

picky 2 year old

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
my 2year old refuses to eat any kind of meet except for hot dogs n chicken. we have tried just about everything to get her to meet. she loves everything else though. how do i get her to eat meat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
STVUstudent
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Don't try... she does not NEED meat to have a healthy diet.  My son will eat no meat except meatballs... 

for some kids, it's texture, for some it's taste, but really, she will not die if she never eats a piece of roast beef.  Fill her plate with veggies, fruits, whole grains, healthy starches, and non-meat proteins (like beans, tofu, eggs, cheese, etc) and she will be just fine.  Humans need a LOT less protein than many people think...

STVUstudent
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

plus, if she loves everything else, just does not like meat, THAT does not make a picky eater... picky is the kid who will only eat yellow food...  or won't touch a green food...

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

don't worry about it.  There is no reason she needs meat.  Offer grain and bean combinations, cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs, etc and she'll get plenty of protein. 

PEEK05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM

The good news is that she doesn't need to eat meat.  She can get iron and protein from other sources.  Otherwise just keep offering.  If she eats, great.  If not, oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)