Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Apparently little boys clothes start at size 4, but little boys slims start at a 5!  DS's pants are now flood pants.  I took him to the store, and apparently he needs a 4 slim.  They are the only ones that don't swallow up his little legs and they fit perfect in length.  The waist on the pants I got him is adjustable and I had to make them a little smaller, so a regular just isn't going to work. 

I found ONE pair of pants for him.  I've been told Levi makes 4 slim, but the only Levi 4 slim I can find online are $35+.  I'm not spending that much on a (almost) 4 year old.  Does anyone know where I might find some more reasonably priced pants that fit him well?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lcherniske
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I have the same problem. My son mostly wears elastic waist but i have notice old navy runs a bit smaller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Old navy has 4 slims
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

walmart , sears, target, oh if you have these kids sale around you- here we grow again, kid's closet, just between friends- it is resale. we have that problem with my grandson- he is very tall, skinny!

KeikiSmiles
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Dapper Snapper!  I had no idea it existed.  I'm going to have to get me some.  I'm always on the hunt for jeans with the adjustable elastic. (Also haven't found a tiny belt for her size...about a 4T)  If not, the ones for her length never seem to fit.  I've even kept a couple pair of 18 month pants that are now bermudas on her because the waist still fits.

Quoting 2-point-doe:

both gymboree aned crazy 8 carry slims starting at 4. Also you can get a dapper sanpper that will work with all pants that have belt loops

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I couldn't find any on old navy's website. I'll have to check next time we're in a city with one.

Quoting liss05:

Gap & Old Navy have slim cut jeans too.  Check COSTCO my local store carries Levi slim cut jeans for $15.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I was shopping at Walmart today (unfortunately the only place in my town to get him clothes) and I only managed to find one pair. I guess they have a few pairs online that I couldn't find at first. I couldn't find any on target's website, but I'll have to recheck it.

Quoting kimber2465:

walmart , sears, target, oh if you have these kids sale around you- here we grow again, kid's closet, just between friends- it is resale. we have that problem with my grandson- he is very tall, skinny!

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM

walmart trucks come every night- you can also call about 7 in the morning, ask to speak to the dept manager- they can check, let you know when the next shipment should be in. i think we have found some at kohl's too

Quoting bekalynne440:

I was shopping at Walmart today (unfortunately the only place in my town to get him clothes) and I only managed to find one pair. I guess they have a few pairs online that I couldn't find at first. I couldn't find any on target's website, but I'll have to recheck it.

Quoting kimber2465:

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
All the other sizes where well stocked, there were just no 4 slims. I'm wondering if they don't sell that size as much so they don't regularly order more for their stock.

Quoting kimber2465:

walmart trucks come every night- you can also call about 7 in the morning, ask to speak to the dept manager- they can check, let you know when the next shipment should be in. i think we have found some at kohl's too

Quoting bekalynne440:

Quoting kimber2465:

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

no- it means that there is a demand for them. here it is the 5t. if the dept. manager knows- most will up their stock

Quoting bekalynne440:

All the other sizes where well stocked, there were just no 4 slims. I'm wondering if they don't sell that size as much so they don't regularly order more for their stock.

Quoting kimber2465:

Quoting bekalynne440:

Quoting kimber2465:

Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

My ds is just like yours in size and I LOVE the Children's Place jeans on him. JCPenny is also a great place to look. They sell Levi brand too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN