Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Apparently little boys clothes start at size 4, but little boys slims start at a 5!  DS's pants are now flood pants.  I took him to the store, and apparently he needs a 4 slim.  They are the only ones that don't swallow up his little legs and they fit perfect in length.  The waist on the pants I got him is adjustable and I had to make them a little smaller, so a regular just isn't going to work. 

I found ONE pair of pants for him.  I've been told Levi makes 4 slim, but the only Levi 4 slim I can find online are $35+.  I'm not spending that much on a (almost) 4 year old.  Does anyone know where I might find some more reasonably priced pants that fit him well?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Try crazy 8. I bought my daughter 4 slim there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Carrie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I get my DD's slim pants at Osh Gosh

ejsmom4604
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I have always had that problem with DS 8. He is currently in a 7 slim and is almost 9. I HAVE to get adjustable waist in slims too because of his height he will have to wear size 8 (slims of course). I do a lot of shopping at respectful childrens resale shops and will stock up. 

Marti123
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Gap clearance, sometimes you can find the "skinny" jeans. They are great for skinny kiddos. The skinny ones are less popular and are more likely to be on clearance/

tricia1332
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Old navy sells them. You can also get them at Ross, and walmart

lovemylife22606
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I have always had this issue with my now 6 year old, only he is just super tall and skinny. I buy the elastic adjustable waistband jeans, and most of the time I find them at Walmart. They carry Skinner leg cuts as well. IMO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM

walmart has them

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I had the same problem with my son.  I stuck with Children's Place or Carters.....mainly CP.  I would get the size up and use the adjustible waiste as well as a belt.  

Now that he's 5, its much better, he wears 6 slim which a lot of places have ;).

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM
If I were to buy some that were longer they would be huge in the waist. He can still wear a 2t in the waist but they are too short. He needs a 4 for the right length though.

Quoting Basherte:

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)