Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed hair :)

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 8 Replies
My daughter is 4 yrs old and has beautiful mixed hair btw she's black/mexican and I was wondering what other moms with mixed daughter are doing to keep their angel's hair looking fabulous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:26 AM

My kids are mixed black/white and I just put hair lotion in after washing it or any time I wet it down to fix it or anything like that. I also use the just for me hair conditioning/detangling spray every day when brushing their hair.

Necie72
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM

DD is Black/Cuban and I don't do much to it...  I admit I'm lazy, but it doesn't require a lot of work...  It's long and curly, so I use puddings or really light creams...  I think the one I have now is a shea butter...  Her hair is more fine than course...  You can check a site called chocolatehairvanillacare for tips and ideas...  They also have a facebook page...

babowes
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Here is a bump
earthsangel2006
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Moisture is key. I use olive oil for DDs hair. As soon as she's out of the tub detangle and oil her hair then use a non-elastic holder to put it up or braid it.
my daughter has thick old school Diana Ross diva hair lol, I usually pony tail it in a few ponies or let it go wild when she's home.
queen_k0302
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I'm mixed (black &white). I use raw african shea butter and a little coconut oil. I use the same thing in dds hair. Sometimes ill add a little vitamin e oil or evoo. I keep her hair twisted, braided or ponytails.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Mixed chicks leave in conditioner.
PEEK05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Mine is mixed white and Mexican, but her hair is just wavy and not hard to control at all. :)

flprincessmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My daughter, 6 yrs old, is black/white/puerto rican & has LONG spiral curls (36 inches of 3b hair)....and I have found the all natural products are best for her hair......her routine is co-wash only about 3 times a week, or as needed to freshen up her hair, sulfate free shampoo every 6-8 weeks, D/C with conditioner & oil mix 2 x's a week.  When hair is wet & saturated with conditioner in the shower I finger detangle and rinse in cold water.....wrap her hair in cotton tee shirt, when hair is still wet but not dripping we use Kinky-Curly Knot Today to detangle and moisturize, put in either EVOO or 100% organic coconut oil, Castor oil on her edges & ends, then Shea Moisture Curl Milk or Kinky-Curly Custard....if she is wearing her hair up in a pony or braid I will slick down her edges with Curls Passion Fruit Paste or Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie.... I have never & will never put a relaxer or softener or texturizer in her hair....never use a brush & only use a comb when wet & with product to make it smooth, never to detangle,  never have had her hair tightly braided or twisted like corn rows or twists.....never use anything with parabens, silicones, sulfates, mineral oil, petroleum, or bees wax..... braid it back at night and sleep with a silk cap on & sleep on a silk pillow case....spritz with a water/oil mix every day that is not a co-wash dayteen girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)