Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Smash Cakes

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 16 Replies

We did an elaborate smash cake, and complete cake smash outfit for my little one when he turned one. He's my last baby so wanted to have fun with it.

Well Now that his 2nd birthday is around the corner (well kind of not for 6 more months LOL but I'm a planner) I',m thinking of doing it again because I just loved the pictures I got so much!

WDYT? Would you or have you done a cake smash for 2 or 3 year olds?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Mine doesnt like to get messy.  Im thinking just one of those large cupcakes that i would make myself if anything.  I like to make the cakes myself.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM
No, just their first birthdays. Do it if you want. The experience will be different since a 2 or 3 year old is much more coordinated than a 1 year old but still fun I bet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Well, we just did cupcakes.  So, one of the cupcakes was his "splash cake" LOL

Necie72
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I didn't for her second...  She just grabbed a chunk out of the big cake when we were singing happy birthday...  LOL

STVUstudent
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't know- a 1 year old getting cake all over is kind of cute.  A 2 year old?  Not so much so...

SoJosMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I like to make my own cakes or cupcakes. We never did a smash cake for either of my daughters. I would do what you want to do. :-) You will only get these experiences once. Have fun planning!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Not for DS 2nd b- day. He actually fed himself the majority of his 1st smash cake with a fork, so there was no sense in it for doing it a 2nd time (He didn't like the cake on his hands and wanted to be like the other kids) 

For his 2nd birthday we called an audible and served cake first since that was the most important thing to him. All the other 2 year olds loved it too!

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM

DS poked his finger in the cake at a friend's b-day. I was so embarrassed 

Quoting Necie72:

I didn't for her second...  She just grabbed a chunk out of the big cake when we were singing happy birthday...  LOL

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Nah....just do cupcakes.

CindyAS2008
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Well, the way I see it, this is your last baby, right?? So if you want to smash that kids face in a cake every year until he's old enough to protest, go right ahead! I didn't do it with my daughter, but hey, my son is my last baby and i'm gonna treat him that way for the rest of my life. I probably won't do a smash cake for his 2nd bday, but I like to make their cakes, so the smash cake would just be extra work for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)