Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We did an elaborate smash cake, and complete cake smash outfit for my little one when he turned one. He's my last baby so wanted to have fun with it.

Well Now that his 2nd birthday is around the corner (well kind of not for 6 more months LOL but I'm a planner) I',m thinking of doing it again because I just loved the pictures I got so much!

WDYT? Would you or have you done a cake smash for 2 or 3 year olds?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (11-16):
Necie72
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

LOL  Don't be...  They're just kids...  DD always takes a swipe at the icing, no matter what kind of cake or who it "belongs" to...  LOL 

Quoting iansmommy9:

DS poked his finger in the cake at a friend's b-day. I was so embarrassed 

Quoting Necie72:

I didn't for her second...  She just grabbed a chunk out of the big cake when we were singing happy birthday...  LOL

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM

DS has had his candles blown out by friends before.  It's funny (not always for the birthday boy/girl) but we laugh about it as parents!

Quoting Necie72:

LOL  Don't be...  They're just kids...  DD always takes a swipe at the icing, no matter what kind of cake or who it "belongs" to...  LOL 

Quoting iansmommy9:

DS poked his finger in the cake at a friend's b-day. I was so embarrassed 

Quoting Necie72:

I didn't for her second...  She just grabbed a chunk out of the big cake when we were singing happy birthday...  LOL

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM

We don't do them. I do cupcakes for first birthdays

huskermom98
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I would not have done it for my baby (who turns 5 today...sniff, sniff...) because his 1st year smash cake was so fun and awesome.  He had blue frosting on his cake and therefore had blue frosting over his entire face...he loved it and didn't mind all of the adults laughing.  It was just the most perfect smash cake experience ever...complete with a blue bum a few days later!

OP--if you want to do it, go ahead, it's your child...

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

We didn't, but I say go for it! Why not? I mean, who doesn't like an adorable little miniature cake, right? And it does make for a great photo-op. :)

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Maybe not so much a smash cake but maybe fins some other ideas for cute pictures? I think the dynamic of the smash cake changes from 1-2 but either way it is your child, your call. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)