• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2.5 year old biting her lips, has bruising under her lip, what to do?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 2 Replies

My lilybear is super hyper and will literally run in circles for a good 20 minutes, I take her everywhere to try to run some of her energy out but it's like she's a bottomless well!  So sometimes when she is running around, my husband saw her grinning and chewing on her lower lip.  She also does this when she is crying.  I noticed that she actually has blue and brown around her mouth from bruising.  Does anyone elses kid do this?  I'm looking for a way to stop her, I don't know if it's bad for her mouth or not but I am slightly freaked out by the bruising.  I haven't seen her faceplant in a long time, and that's the only other thing I can think of that would cause bruising right around her lips.  Thx for the input CM!

CafeMom Tickersbig smile miniCafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM

oh my... I don't know how to get them to break habits like that. My DD has been chewing on her hair. I don't want to say too much, b/c that will draw attention to it and cause her to do it more. But since your LO is actually hurting herself, there must be something you can do...

Here's a bump... I hope someone has some good ideas for you!

SavanaF.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I talked to her calmly about her mouth owwie and told her not to do it anymore.  Other than that, I have no clue lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)