Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

ALREADY?!?!**Update, long!**

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

My dd is four and in pre-K and she loves it! But there's this one little girl she can NOT get along with. They have been in a few physical fights and today the nurse called me and told me that Lilly (dd) got scratched on the face again! I don't really know what to do. I can tell this little girl isn't very well taken care of and she seems to be in trouble a lot. I'm not saying my kid is completely innocent, but I feel like something should be done. What would you do? Has anyone else been in this situation? I just feel like they are so young and I don't remember ever fighting until like 3rd grade. HELP please!! 

So her teacher called me before school let out just to make sure the nurse had called and told me that the other kid was in a lot of trouble. Well I picked dd up from school and asked her what happened and she told me... I asked her again and she said the same thing... I asked her a few more times just to make sure the stories matched up and sure enough they all did. Turns out Lilly scratched her first and ran and the other little girl caught her and scratched her back. Then Lilly started to cry and rounded up her buddies and they all told the teacher. So the other little girl got in trouble and was even sent to the Principal's office and they were talking about suspending her for a few days. Lilly's teacher asked her if she scratched or hit the other girl first AND SHE LIED TO HER!! But did go on to tell the other little girl sorry (from what she says). So I called their teacher and let her know what Lilly had told me. She was happy that I called but said that the other little girl was still in more trouble because she left two huge scratch marks on Lilly's face and Lilly didn't leave any marks. At home, miss Lilly is grounded from her leap pad and the tv for a week. I am sooo upset and don't really know how else to handle this. UGH I feel like I'm raising a high schooler already and I'm only 22!!! Lol. Sorry so long

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM

tell the teacher principle ect that this girl is bullying dd and want her  kept away from dd if it doesnt  happen take her out & in a new pre-k

teaching_mama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Idk...my dd is also in pre k and I have noticed the girls are already so catty! I can't believe it. My dd has not experienced anything physical yet though so I'm not much help. I'd maybe talk to the teacher and see if the girls could talk to the school counselor together or if there can be some kind of guidance counselor lesson for everyone about getting along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I have never had to deal with that. What is the teacher doing about it at school? Can the two girls get seperated.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Wow I don't know. I would address the teachers and ask what their plan of action for things like this is. 

model1000mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I think you may need to ask the principal for an intervention meeting with you and your dd and the parents and other little girl. Tell the principal that you are concerned for "BOTH" of the children and that you would like to see if there can be a working compromise between the two of them in school. Maybe suggest they become some sort of "learning buddies" where they have to sit together and work on school things together and play together on the playground. Hard to explain it but something where they have to depend on each other and handle situations as a team...like team building. 

Marimaru
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

When I was in preschool there was a boy who bit me on the leg one day, and on another day raked his fingernails down my face (that I still have scars from).  Apparently the school insisted he had as much right to be there as I did, so my mom put me in a different school.

LiLsMaMa21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

BUMP!

akrall83
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I would see about having a meeting with the other little girl's parent(s), the teacher, and both girls. If that doesn't solve the problem you might consider changing schools.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I talked to her teacher about doing that and she said they were keeping them separated from now on and that she doesn't think the other little girl's mom would even come to a meeting. I feel really bad for this little girl and am upset that dd is starting fights so I'm going to see how the next week goes and if we have anymore problems I'm going to set up a meeting with the Principal and her teacher. 

Quoting akrall83:

I would see about having a meeting with the other little girl's parent(s), the teacher, and both girls. If that doesn't solve the problem you might consider changing schools.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN