Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Daughter wants me to cry.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

OKAY. My 2 year old daughter has become fascinated with "fake crying". Not just in the sense that she does it when she wants something, but if I ask her to do something she will tell me to cry first. WHAT IS THAT? Like seriously, I have such a polite little angel, and all of a sudden she is becoming a monster! I think it is because of a little girl I babysit always beating up on her, and this little girl just cries over everything. So, my question is, how do I make my daughter stop, when that is what she sees her friend doing all of the time?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

kids that age mimick behaviors.  it's totally normal.  just don't feed into it.  refuse to do it when she asks and don't respond to her until she stops and uses her words.  explain that crying isn't how we get what we want, speaking like a big girl is.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Tell her no, you will say please first because that's what big girls do. Adults and big boys and girls say " please" and that's that. Tell her the girl you sit for will learn that, too. She is not to act a baby like this little girl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN