Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Asthma

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
What are the signs for asthma in kids and maybe some other info on it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM

For us my daughter started getting sick a lot with coughs. She didn't get sick at all until she turned two and then she got pneumonia and bronchitis multiple times along with bronchiolitis, was hospitalized twice (she had to be put on oxygen for the bronchiolitis), and had a cough that never seemed to go away. When she started playing at playgrounds or playplaces I'd notice that she would start coughing as she was running around. But the doctors dismissed it when I asked if it could be that. The second time she was hospitalized she was finally diagnosed and given inhalers and it has made a night and day difference! :-) She never really wheezed but that's another sign. I'd ask your pediatrician about it or look around for medical websites with information on childhood asthma. I know most kids diagnosed at a young age outgrow it. :-)

meagansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM
My 15 month old was diagnosed at
5 months. She was always coughing. She wheezed a lot, like sounded like a squeeky toy and she was crackly sounding in her chest. We could hear.it every time we picked her up. She has two inhalers now and a nebulizer and its made such a difference! We were using them multiple times a day but now we're down to once- twice a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maprinces3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Lets see, we are a family of asthmatics. I was found to be one at age 24. In my case I had problems running up stairs and started coughing up little pellets of mucus. Had my first bad attack at 26, went to the doctors 4 times in 2 days and finally they sent me to the ER and I was admitted. I had a virus that settled in my chest and I had a terrible almost constant cough and could not catch my breath.My husband was found to be asthmatic at age 42. He caught a cold that would not go away and that snowballed into asthma. He coughs and coughs, and has to sit up to be able to breathe okay.

My kids (all 3 premature) would cough and wheeze. You could see each ones chest cave in while trying to breathe, and hte area around the lips got blueish and they looked kinda pale/gray in the face. They all would throw up during a bad attack.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I'm not sure but here is a bump.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
With my daughter it was coughing, wheezing, she had chest pain. She had pneumonia several times when she was little!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)